Menu

Meet Huckleberry Pi

Here's the new pup! It's weird - he looks much bigger in the pictures than he actually is. The vet gave him some antibiotics for his upper respiratory infection and he's been sleeping on and off most of the day. We took these pics this morning. Isn't he cute?

And, I was planning on a name poll yesterday, but thanks to annlaura, the little fellow is aptly named!! I told the family her suggestion and we all just looked at him and said, "Oh my gosh - that's perfect!" And so he is now Huck. :D

And thanks to everyone who helped me think and work through this saga - you guys rock!

post-4487-13535084882678_thumb.jpg

post-4487-13535084882889_thumb.jpg

post-4487-13535084882678_thumb.jpg

post-4487-13535084882889_thumb.jpg

He's a doll! I bet he smells delicious. Glad the respiratory issue is treatable. Enjoy him!

Actually, he stinks like crazy. He's got the I've-been-rolling-around-in-my-own-urine smell from the shelter. :ack2: I've been wiping him down with those bath bath wipes, but sheesh - they don't exactly work. The glue from his neutering has come off, but the vet suggested waiting just a couple more days to bathe him, just until he's feeling better.

Actually, he stinks like crazy. He's got the I've-been-rolling-around-in-my-own-urine smell from the shelter. :ack2: I've been wiping him down with those bath bath wipes, but sheesh - they don't exactly work. The glue from his neutering has come off, but the vet suggested waiting just a couple more days to bathe him, just until he's feeling better.

Eew. Well, he'll smell like a sweet pup soon. And then he'll roll in something else. ;) He is a bitty baby. What fun! Thanks for sharing the pics. :D

Is he a Beagle? I thought they were bigger or is he still growing into his paws? :001_smile:

Yes, beagle/basset hound. He's only 3 1/2 months old. I expect he'll probably double in size, but probably not get much bigger than that, though.