Menu

My vacuum is dying. What's your favorite?

Aerus Electrolux gets my vote. This is not the Electrolux at Sears. You can find them at independent stores or on-line. We got a refurbished model via ebay 10 (!) years ago. New models are expensive, but these are good vacuums that last. My parents still use one that my grandmother bought a long time ago. We replaced the hose on ours and had an occasional "tune-up", but it has worked really well.

You might try a search on these boards for vacuums. Seems like I posted in a similar thread not long ago. HTH! :001_smile:

Aerus Electrolux gets my vote. This is not the Electrolux at Sears. You can find them at independent stores or on-line. We got a refurbished model via ebay 10 (!) years ago. New models are expensive, but these are good vacuums that last. My parents still use one that my grandmother bought a long time ago. We replaced the hose on ours and had an occasional "tune-up", but it has worked really well.

You might try a search on these boards for vacuums. Seems like I posted in a similar thread not long ago. HTH! :001_smile:

I've only noticed debates on Rainbows :lol:. I'll dig around a bit, thanks!

Dyson..hands down. We needed the "Animal" because of our Chocolate Lab, but I hear the "Ball" is great for less-hairy homes. :D

I owned an electrolux (older model), and it hurt my back. It did a great job though. Steer clear of Oreck, they're useless.

Geo

I have a Riccar. It is a sewing machine maker and was bought at a sewing machine store.

It is heavy, but man can this thing suck LOL It is designed to not be disposable. Almost every part of it, is replaceable including the individual brushes.

It has a dial-vent on the back side, because you can't use the hose attachments without allowing a bit of air in, to reduce the suction. It will pull the hose so tight that you can't use it with the attachments. LOL

They are very, very expensive, but it has been so very worth the cost.

Our proof is in the carpeting....I live in a sub division with all the homes being the same age. We all have the same carpeting just in different colors. My carpeting lasted at least 5 years longer than everyone else's. It looked very nice, even thought we wear our shoes inside and the neighbors don't. I am wholeheartedly convinced, the vacuum saved years of wear on our carpet.

Steer clear of Oreck, they're useless.

Geo

:lol::lol: I was just about to post how much I LOVE my Oreck! LOVE it! My MIL, who has a Kerby, always borrows my Oreck when she's going to have guests over because it works so much better.

Maybe I got the one and only good one. ;) It ROCKS!!!!

I have a Royal, which I bought from an independent store. I love it! It's made of metal (I was so tired of the plastic ones from Sears breaking), had a 5-year warranty, and the customer service is great! It was about $500, but I've had it for at least 10 years, and the two others I got from Sears before that only lasted about 2.