Menu

Why does it take such coaxing to get 7yo ds to agree to a haircut??????

He's even finally admitted that he needs a haircut, "It bangs in my eyes when I jump on the trampoline." I waited until today because he always gets a shower on Saturday, so the haircut will not require an extra shower on top of what he usually takes. He's not fond of showers. I've mentioned it several times today, but he keeps trying to put me off. I know that in the end I'm going to have to put my foot down and demand that he march himself into the kitchen so I can cut it. Why does it have to come to that????? Why can't he just suck it up and agree to the cut before it gets to that point? Aaaargh. :ack2:

Fortunately, my 7yo DS can still be enticed to get his hair cut by promises of lollipops and balloons, which they give out at the place we take him.

I wish lollies and balloons would be enough for this ds. My older boys never really minded haircuts, so I'm not used to this.

Mine is the same way! I don't know why he hates it so much. Oh, and now he has decided he wants to pick the style. Which would be fine except that he thinks it looks good to put gel in it and slick his bangs to the side. As in glued down across his forehead. It looks SO bad. I try to convince him to do it differently, but he is convinced it looks good. I can't even explain how bad it really is:glare:

Mine is the same way! I don't know why he hates it so much. Oh, and now he has decided he wants to pick the style. Which would be fine except that he thinks it looks good to put gel in it and slick his bangs to the side. As in glued down across his forehead. It looks SO bad. I try to convince him to do it differently, but he is convinced it looks good. I can't even explain how bad it really is:glare:

:lol: I want to see a photo! :lol:

Does he want long boy hair? One of my boys loves his and it seems to be a trend among our friends - we know a bunch of long haired boys.

It may be the sensitivity stuff or just the hassle, but it sounds to me like it's a control issue on his part. For me, it wouldn't be worth the fight. You want shaggy hair, fine, just wash it once a week. But I know many parents see it differently.

It's not a control issue. It's just the hastle; he doesn't want to sit still for 20 minutes. I've let the haircut go for a while until he agreed that he needs one. So now he admits that his hair is too long, but he still doesn't want to get it cut!

Well my 8yo doesn't want to get his haircut because......he wants a mullet. Ugh! (Sorry to offend anyone out there who sports a mullet.)

See, we were letting him grow his hair out as long as he wanted. But, he wouldn't pull it out of his eyes for sports (as in absolutely refused) so I cut it shorter. It's still much longer than most kids wear and it's cut in a type of shag. Very cute. But he wants it long in the back and short in the front so he won't have to pull it back for sports and he is active in sports 5-6 days a week. I told him he'd look like a girl. He didn't care. I told him friends don't let friends have mullets. He said he wasn't my friend, he was my son. Grrr....I told him moms who love their sons don't let them have mullets......The battle rages on. :)

So are you saying it could be worse?! LOL :)

We let our kids wear their hair anyway they want. I'm only picky about the no hair in the eyes during sports clause.

My kids have had bowl cuts, shaved around the side super long on top skater dos, mohawks. It's their hair I don't care. Ha! I rhymed.

My DS wants long boy hair. I make him wear it back in a half ponytail when it gets in the way of sports. It's either that or cut it and he chooses to pull it back. When his bangs are a little longer, we'll probably be able to pull it all back. My DS has beautiful hair, though. It is very thick with a little wave that looks nice longer. If it was stringy I'd probably be more interested in convincing him to cut it. I wish my DDs and I had hair like his!

Well my 8yo doesn't want to get his haircut because......he wants a mullet. Ugh! (Sorry to offend anyone out there who sports a mullet.)

See, we were letting him grow his hair out as long as he wanted. But, he wouldn't pull it out of his eyes for sports (as in absolutely refused) so I cut it shorter. It's still much longer than most kids wear and it's cut in a type of shag. Very cute. But he wants it long in the back and short in the front so he won't have to pull it back for sports and he is active in sports 5-6 days a week. I told him he'd look like a girl. He didn't care. I told him friends don't let friends have mullets. He said he wasn't my friend, he was my son. Grrr....I told him moms who love their sons don't let them have mullets......The battle rages on. :)

:lol: