Menu

looking for attractive plus size bathing suits

I don't have 80 dollars to spend on a bathing suit, so that seems to really knock most of them out of contention. I have gained a lot of weight, and the only bathing suit that fits me right now is my maternity one. My daughter is 15 months, so that feels silly to wear, but I will rather than spend a fortune on a new one.

Any ideas for attractive, cute, affordable bathing suits for me? I wear a size 18 petite pants, if that is any indication. I'm short, 5'1", so some styles look really boxy on me. My waist is my biggest "flaw".

I don't have a "specific" suit, but I did spend the big money on a bathing suit from .... wherever... can't remember... I'm picking up those little shorts for tankinis that you wear... To cover my legs.... well a bit of them... and the suit i have... has material that goes over the front of it.... so the part underneath is the part that "sucks" my tummy in... and then cute black shorts on top of my legs... I think I may get out this summer... Don't wanna commit in front of my kids ... yet :)

I don't have 80 dollars to spend on a bathing suit, so that seems to really knock most of them out of contention. I have gained a lot of weight, and the only bathing suit that fits me right now is my maternity one. My daughter is 15 months, so that feels silly to wear, but I will rather than spend a fortune on a new one.

Any ideas for attractive, cute, affordable bathing suits for me? I wear a size 18 petite pants, if that is any indication. I'm short, 5'1", so some styles look really boxy on me. My waist is my biggest "flaw".

I bought one at Target last year and I really like it. I think it was around $40. They also have some cute little skirt-bottoms that give you a bit more coverage.

Check out the "one-piece vamp" swimsuits.

OldNavy has some very cute suits, but theirs are inching up the price towards $55/60.

Check discount stores like Marshall's or Tuesday Morning. Sometimes you can find the really nice suits at a deep discount.

Also, I wouldn't buy online because I like to try on the suits and make sure I have the perfect one. Returning/exchanging is too much hassle for me. :tongue_smilie:

Lands End. Watch for sales! :)

This is my thought too. yes, they're pricey, but they're made well and "fit." I don't feel like I'm going to fall out if you know what I mean.;) They have sales often so that could be helpful.

Also, check Costco. I just got a speedo suit there for $20. It's not as supportive as i'd like but it's also better than nothing.

I don't have a "specific" suit, but I did spend the big money on a bathing suit from .... wherever... can't remember... I'm picking up those little shorts for tankinis that you wear... To cover my legs.... well a bit of them... and the suit i have... has material that goes over the front of it.... so the part underneath is the part that "sucks" my tummy in... and then cute black shorts on top of my legs... I think I may get out this summer... Don't wanna commit in front of my kids ... yet :)

I bought this type of suit a couple of years ago at Target. It's the most flattering style I've ever found in plus size.

Last year I purchased a swim dress from WomanWithin.com

It was a great quality and was flattering too (these suits are MADE for plus size-- they are not the traditional scaled up sizes...

WomanWithin currently has free shipping on orders over $50 and even better-- save 50% off your highest priced item when you purchase any 2 items (they have some cute $10 shirts!)...

Just last week I went to a store called 1/2 of 1/2 locally. Usuallytheir stuff is iffy at best but by chance they had just received their summer swim wear in. They had sizes up to women's 30. After spending about an hour trying on tops and bottoms I found 2 tank tops I liked and 2 pair of bottoms that look like shorts to go with them. Total cost was $25 for all 4 pieces. They had some more expensive ones (like $12 a piece) and one pieces up to $20. Some were stained or torn so I had to check them carefully. All of my pieces came from Target originally though so in the future I will most likely start looking there first.