Menu

a "what do you do?" question

good...that is what I thought...how long is too long to sit out for any given meat dish ??

Overnight is probably bad. I just check on it every time I go through/past the kitchen, and put it away when it feels coolish (not necessarily all the way down to room temp). We've had no problems with a couple hours, if something gets forgotten for a while.

Sigh

I have no idea.

My children always eat to capacity no matter how much food is prepared.

I can't remember the last time we had leftovers of anything.

This is us too- and I double, if not triple most recipes. :001_huh: I'm lucky if I have enough left over for dh to have one Tupperware to put in the freezer for his lunch. FWIW, I pop those containers straight into the freezer since they're not that big and don't take long to cool anyways.

I usually let stuff cool for a bit (but I have to set a timer or I forget!). If I'm leaving it in the original pot/pan and it is still warm, I put a dish towel or large potholder/trivet in the fridge before setting anything on the glass shelves. If I'm transferring leftovers to other storage containers, I just stick them in there.