Menu

Prayer requests re my immediate and extended family

Short and sweet--

Well, not so sweet...

We need prayer for a family member who's been arrested (but not jailed) for corrupting a minor (out past curfew, same sex, not a boy-girl thing) and possession. Court is tomorrow for the first charge, May 3 for the second charge. Got the charges within a week of each other--caused job loss, and things are tough around here. Don't know how to support the person--it's someone who has had multiple opportunities to turn life around, and just isn't able to. Dh feels he shouldn't go to court to support the person, I feel we should. I don't even know how to get a public defender for the person, and the person is young enough to not know, either (not a minor anymore, tho).

Dh's sibs and parents also need prayer. One sib is saying angry and hurt accusations, wanting to no longer have anything to do with the family, being really kinda obtuse about why--I'm not getting involved, but boy, the hurt is deep on his side of the family.

Thanks, I appreciate the prayers.

Praying, and :grouphug:. Chris, there's no playbook on how to walk this thing out. I really believe each person has to offer this to God and then respond in the way her or she feels led. Different people can reach different conclusions. God uses each of us differently.

I wish there was a way to share this with you. Know that there's no judgement here.

Beth