Menu

Coldwater Creek clothes - are they true to size or do they run smaller or larger?

I LOVE to shop at Coldwater Creek - on sale. :) I love their clothes, especially their travel knit stuff, but balk at paying full price.

What I've learned from them is that their clothing is made by several different places so some of the sizing may vary. I've had pretty good luck though. I don't tend to order online anymore; I have much better luck when I can try things on because I'm a terrible judge of what will look good on me from a catalog.

HTH!

Like Beth said, their sizing is random. They are good about returns though. My experience has been order larger rather than smaller. The things I have from them, I love. The things I've returned (more often bottoms than jackets or tops) have been strange in how they fit (and I'm a pretty standard size).

If you can find a shop or an outlet near you, it's worth the drive.

It can be tricky. Last December many of the dressy blouses I tried on at Coldwater Creek had darts which were too low, even in the petite sizes. Ultimately I found a solid color satin blouse (with perfectly placed darts). I paid full price for it, but it has proved to be a great investment. I wore it twice last week, once with pants, once with a skirt.

The store's sales people were very helpful.

I have gotten quite a few tops from them and love them. Most are just the knit type. I also have a skirt. I went in the store once to try things on and I am glad I did. I normally wear a M and in the sizes there wore a S. Now I go to the online outlet and order periodically. I have gotten some great deals that way! They are holding up well too. I wear those shirts often.

I've found tops tend to shrink (tee shirts) and run small. But I may not be estimating my size correctly :tongue_smilie:!

They have great outlet deals online--I wouldn't pay full price. Love that catty, tho'--it reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine is describing the shoes--whoever writes that stuff does a great marketing job!

Well, I ordered three things from them last fall. The denim jacket ran way big and was returned for a small (I wore a medium normally) but even the small was a little big. I didn't want to spend any more returning that so I kept it and eventually sold it at consignment. The white dress shirt ran big too. And the dressy pant outfit that I ordered in small after the other things being too big, was too small and a button loop at the back of the neck broke the first time I tried it on. I sure like the way their clothes look in the catalog, but I won't be bothering with them any more. I struck out three times. I hope you have better luck than me. I just hate having to return clothes through the mail, so I stick to actual shopping when it comes to my wardrobe. I wish I had one of their stores nearby!

I love the look of their clothes, but insofar as the quality of the material and craftsmanship, I have been disappointed with nearly every single piece I've bought from them. Of course, there aren't too many companies out there now who do use good quality material and such..... I'd try to pick up things on sale, then you're out less if you decide you don't like the pieces or they don't hold up well....

I purchased my first outfit from them at the new outlet store near my home. For the things I purchased, they ran a little large. I was able to get into sizes I normally don't wear, which felt pretty good :). I was very pleased, but I don't think the items were worth anywhere near full price. For that kind of money I would expect a whole 'nother level of quality.