Menu

Do you belong to a homeschool support group and/or co-op?

We belong to an enrichment co op one morning a week, and a academic tutorial one afternoon a week. Both are excellent. LOVE them.

I've started a couple, enrichment, CC that morphed into academic and a UMS. The UMS crashed and burned when our house did. The other 2 are going strong.

This is interesting....

I belong to a homeschool group. We have a book club once per month, a mixed class day, field trip, and presentation day. We meet every Wednesday at 1:00.

I have no interest in a co-op. We take care of our studies at home. I love the homeschool group so my kids can stay socially connected. We have made good friends that we regularly see outside the group now.

We belong to a support group but don't do much with them because of scheduling and distance considerations. (We are in the city, they are mostly in the far suburbs.)

We've done much more with the Baltimore Homeschool Community Center, which is awesome. They have tons of academic and enrichment classes, parties, activities, playgroups, etc., and we've also gone up just to hang out when we weren't signed up for anything. This summer I'm running a Magic Treehouse Book Club there.

I belong to a homeschool group. We have a book club once per month, a mixed class day, field trip, and presentation day. We meet every Wednesday at 1:00.

I have no interest in a co-op. We take care of our studies at home. I love the homeschool group so my kids can stay socially connected. We have made good friends that we regularly see outside the group now.

What is a presentation day and mixed class day? :)

we belonged to 2 different co-op (at the samt time) from the time my dd was age 4 to age 9 (my son is 2 years younger). Anyway I loved the co-ops but my dc didn't . My dc did not make any friends at co-op. My dd, age 15 has friends from church and also from the short time(last year) she attended at public school She has no homeschool friends. My son is special ed and the other moms and kids at co-op were very uncomtable with him so we kinda got the message not to have him at co-op. His friends are all from either the yoyo store that he volunteers at (lots of teen boys work there, ds is 13) and a few from his special ed. class at public school.

So basically I loved co-op but my dc didn't so we left (along with the silent and often vocal messagae not to have my son there ).

:grouphug:

• 1 month later...

Well, we aren't officially starting HS until this fall, but I just joined a co-op for the fall and I'm very excited about it. It's at my church and meets once a week. We went one day last month and spent the day there and my kids absolutely loved it. I think for Kindergarten they do art, music, phys-ed and maybe science. But I think that just depends on who is available to do what each year.

I just have two little boys who are desperate for friends and they are incredibly excited about this. I think I am the co-op type, but I suppose that is yet to be seen! :)

We belong to 2 groups. I'm on the board of our general homeschool group. That group does park days, activities, field trips and casual get-togethers. We're also members of a homeschool teen group that is made up of members of the various homeschool groups in our area. Both groups are secular/inclusive.

No co-ops. We prefer to do our own thing.

I do! We moved to a new area a little over a year ago and I tried really hard to find other homeschoolers in this area. There was a group where we used to live, but my kids never really clicked in that group, and I suspected that it was because we weren't regular enough in our attendance. So I determined that I would make a real effort here. I went to a few different groups that were trying to get going, and one finally took off. It's only got about 8 families, but everyone really seems to get along well. I've been so pleased to have finally found a good group that the kids actually enjoy going to.