Menu

Please help us with this disagreement

What do YOU call SUV's?  

1. 1. What do YOU call SUV's?

• Truck
    • SUV
    • other- please tell us what the other is :)

We call our minivan "Nessie," as in the Loch Ness version.:D It's really a dark, blue-green Honda Odyssey. We recently ordered new carpets for the floor, and DS15 insisted that we have "NESSIE" embroidered on the middle back mat.:lol: So now, she even has a name tag.

and I'd have to say that around here, any self-respecting truck has a bed. So SUVs are called SUVs, not trucks, unless one is a mechanic, as mechanics tend to see the chassis and the engine, which are the same as the Chevy trucks, so they call the suburban a truck. (My 3 volume shop manual for the Suburban says Chevy Truck on the front.)

We call my Suburban by its model name (the 'Burb) or by my name for her (Betsy, as in a good name for a big Clydesdale or big plowhorse). When we got her, my dh had a Mazda Miata that we often referred to in racehorse language (I can't remember what name he had picked), so naming The Burb "Betsy" was a fun continuation of the theme.

Later on we got a Mazda6 that is a pretty metallic blue. My boys named it Sting, after LOTR.

We had a Sienna (the van) and a Pilot (the truck.) Then, a Dodge Durango creamed my Sienna and I got a Highlander (mom's truck.) And the Pilot became dad's truck. These all started from my urban husband.

I grew up on a farm, in a rural area. To me, a truck is a pickup truck. A tractor is a real tractor. My dh calls a riding lawnmower a tractor, which is just WRONG! My daddy has a tractor. And it does farm work, not mow lawns.......but I digress........

Anyway, SUV has too many syllables, so I bowed to his use of the word truck.

We call our minivan "Nessie," as in the Loch Ness version.:D It's really a dark, blue-green Honda Odyssey. We recently ordered new carpets for the floor, and DS15 insisted that we have "NESSIE" embroidered on the middle back mat.:lol: So now, she even has a name tag.
:lol:

and I'd have to say that around here, any self-respecting truck has a bed. So SUVs are called SUVs, not trucks, unless one is a mechanic, as mechanics tend to see the chassis and the engine, which are the same as the Chevy trucks, so they call the suburban a truck. (My 3 volume shop manual for the Suburban says Chevy Truck on the front.)

We call my Suburban by its model name (the 'Burb) or by my name for her (Betsy, as in a good name for a big Clydesdale or big plowhorse). When we got her, my dh had a Mazda Miata that we often referred to in racehorse language (I can't remember what name he had picked), so naming The Burb "Betsy" was a fun continuation of the theme.

Later on we got a Mazda6 that is a pretty metallic blue. My boys named it Sting, after LOTR.

In a poll, I think Betsy would be the most popular vehicle name. LOL about Sting.