Menu

Oh JOY!! The Bad Seed is on Netflix instant!!

I can't wait to watch it again! I wonder how long it'll be until my kids can watch it? My whole life I've asked my mom, "What would you give me for a basket of kisses?".

:lol:

Anyone else love this movie? Or any other fun old creepy flicks?

My kids enjoyed Them, but found Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein too scary.

How can you love the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but have to turn off Abbott and Costello?? :D

I watched What ever Happened to Baby Jane agian and realized the girls aren't old enough for that one. Mommy Dearest is also not going to happen, or the old Invasion of the Body Snatchers..

I can't wait to watch these movies with my kids, and I'm laughing at the fact that I saw all of them when I was so young.

I loved Invasion of the Body Snatchers. What Ever Happened to Baby Jane is just creepy. I also watched Halloween many times while in high school (on TV). What about The Blob?

There is no way my kids are ready for those movies. They take after their dad, who slept with his parents after seeing Friday the 13th in the theater at the age of 16. (I tried to show my kids The Blob and they were too freaked about it to watch.)

The kids have seen all the LOTR movies, but DS still has not seen the huge spider. He self edits and leaves the room when it's about to come on. We call him when that part is over.

I can't wait to watch it again! I wonder how long it'll be until my kids can watch it? My whole life I've asked my mom, "What would you give me for a basket of kisses?".

Awesome! A main character in a story I'm writing reminds me so much of her - she is the quintessential Bad Kid. Can't wait to refresh my memory; it's been so long since I've seen it, but, boy, she stayed with me!

I loved Invasion of the Body Snatchers. What Ever Happened to Baby Jane is just creepy. I also watched Halloween many times while in high school (on TV). What about The Blob?

There is no way my kids are ready for those movies. They take after their dad, who slept with his parents after seeing Friday the 13th in the theater at the age of 16. (I tried to show my kids The Blob and they were too freaked about it to watch.)

The kids have seen all the LOTR movies, but DS still has not seen the huge spider. He self edits and leaves the room when it's about to come on. We call him when that part is over.

I just added The Blob to my queue! (Queue is a strange looking word isn't it? I wonder if I'm mispronouncing it?)

This has been a favorite in my family since I was a little girl. We always hum the piano music the little girl plays in the movie whenever we think someone is being selfish. :) And one of my brothers talks about making half moons on the back of my hands if I'm irritating him.

Btw, the piano song is in Suzuki Book 1. You should have seen the delight on my mom's and brother's faces when my daughter learned how to play it on the piano. :)

This has been a favorite in my family since I was a little girl. We always hum the piano music the little girl plays in the movie whenever we think someone is being selfish. :) And one of my brothers talks about making half moons on the back of my hands if I'm irritating him.

Btw, the piano song is in Suzuki Book 1. You should have seen the delight on my mom's and brother's faces when my daughter learned how to play it on the piano. :)

I'm so glad we're not the only Bad Seed family. :D

My mom watched The Bad Seed with the grandkids the last time we were home, lol!

Oh, my mom would love to do that!

My FIL just left, he was upset at the thought of me letting the girls watch it. :001_smile: (I don't think they're ready to anyways)

Another Bad Seed lover here! Too bad Hollywood ruined the ending.

Arsenic and Old Lace is on Netflix streaming, and is creepy, quirky, and silly.

Another Bad Seed lover here! Too bad Hollywood ruined the ending.

Arsenic and Old Lace is on Netflix streaming, and is creepy, quirky, and silly.

SPOILER removed :)

Okay wait a minute!! What was the ending? I remember arguing with someone about the ending years ago. I thought ...........

Edited by helena

We don't watch too many creepy movies but my girls and I watched "Them" one super hot summer night a couple of years ago. Our ancient central air system decided to fail that night. The outside compressor started to make this high pitched noise that sounded like the noise the giant ants made. That did not sit well with my youngest!

We don't watch too many creepy movies but my girls and I watched "Them" one super hot summer night a couple of years ago. Our ancient central air system decided to fail that night. The outside compressor started to make this high pitched noise that sounded like the noise the giant ants made. That did not sit well with my youngest!

The afternoon we watched it is now one of a few perfect memories. The kind you remember always.

Crisp sheets, filtered light, good old movie, snuggling with the girls.. :001_wub:

OK, The Blob terrified me for WEEKS after I saw it when I was a kid! That good creeping under the door? YIKES! And I won't even start on The Fly -- the ending FREAKED ME OUT! "Help me! Help me!" -- the little voice...sends shivers down my spine.

The Bad Seed was seriously creepy, too. Yikes.

Bad movie choice when you are pregnant: Rosemary's Baby. I watched it when I was about 5 months along with PDG. DH was TDY (military business trip) for the weekend, and I sat in bed and watched TV much of the time (lazy bones I was!). Now that was a BAD idea!

On Saturday afternoons in Seattle in the early 70's one of the stations would play SciFi movies. I remember on rainy days my folks would let me watch. Remember those AWFUL Japanese monster movies? (Not Godzilla -- that's classic) but Gamura (that giant flying turtle thing) and others like it?

Those were the days. Seriously.

Edited by BikeBookBread

On Saturday afternoons in Seattle in the early 70's one of the stations would play SciFi movies. I remember on rainy days my folks would let me watch. Remember those AWFUL Japanese monster movies? (Not Godzilla -- that's classic) but Gamura (that giant flying turtle thing) and others like it?

I watched so many of the Japanese monster films. In fact, just about every Saturday I watched some sort of movie that was on TV. I also remember the Japanese martial arts movies. When I was older, it was Doris Day movies. Those were the days!

Bad movie choice when you are pregnant: Rosemary's Baby. I watched it when I was about 5 months along with PDG. DH was TDY (military business trip) for the weekend, and I sat in bed and watched TV much of the time (lazy bones I was!). Now that was a BAD idea!

Oh my gosh!! I did the same thing when I was pregnant with my 2nd. I just remember sitting there thinking, "I don't think I should have watched this". :001_smile:

Thank you for posting this! I can still remember watching it with my mom. I guess I was maybe 9 or 10 years old. For the rest of my childhood, whenever I behaved a certain way, she'd remind me of that movie, LOL! I need to show it to my kids!!!

Oh, and a few years later I read the book. I loved it.

Edited by *anj*
clarity

Has anybody ever seen Let's Scare Jessica to Death? I saw that at a friend's house. It was late at night and I was drifting to sleep while watching it. I thought it was so incredibly scary. I saw it again several years later when I was wide awake and just thought it was stupid. LOL I can still get freaked out if I think about the first time I saw it, though.

Has anybody ever seen Let's Scare Jessica to Death? I saw that at a friend's house. It was late at night and I was drifting to sleep while watching it. I thought it was so incredibly scary. I saw it again several years later when I was wide awake and just thought it was stupid. LOL I can still get freaked out if I think about the first time I saw it, though.

:eek:

I just watched the trailer on Youtube!! It looks scary to me!!

Cheesy scary :D