Menu

Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day is the BEST bread I've EVER made!!

Spin off question: Does anyone prefer the healthy Artisan bread recipe book MORE than the regular one?

Why is the original one not considered healthy? You can substitute all kinds of flours for white, if that is it. I am interested what the "healthy" version has in it?

No yeast?

I bless the day I came across the Artisan Bread recipe - on this board, naturally! Baking is so fast and easy now!

Spin off question: Does anyone prefer the healthy Artisan bread recipe book MORE than the regular one?

... and haven't gotten to the healthy breads yet. To make the mostly whole wheat/rye/other low gluten breads requires vital wheat gluten which I've never used. I will try to buy vital wheat gluten tomorrow and then try the "healthy" breads.

Has anyone used bleached flour for Artisan Breads? How did it turn out? I have 5lbs of bleached flour to use after I've used up my current supply of unbleached flour.

I like the regular book better (or at least use recipes from it more often), though the mixed berry bread I made yesterday from the Healthy Breads book was pretty awesome.

Love Love LOVE my daily bread from the original book. It's baking in the oven as I type and the smell is heavenly. So simple and easy to have fresh bread every day. I want to try the other recipes but we're so in love with the master recipe that I can't seem to move to another.

I have both. I have not had time to make any bread unfortunately. Recipes in both look fabulous. The biggest different so far I have found are in the instructions in the beginning. They tell you what subsitutions will work, how others are making it work, and so on. I love that they tell you how to adapt the recipes for bleached white flour in a very specific way since I have many pounds of it in my freezer needing to be used before I buy unbleached. There are also some gluten free breads that I want to try.

I have both and love both. Today I made whole wheat oat bread with sunflower, flax, and sesame seeds (I didn't have any pumpkin seeds) from the Healthy Bread book. It is FABULOUS!! I confess I went ahead and made all the loaves today rather than let them rise in the fridge.

My favorite from the "regular" book is Pumpkin Oat. It makes wonderful french toast by the way!!