Menu

woohooo!!!!! but would you eat THIS!??!?

Wow, that's way grosser than hairy beans.

So now the question is, if you had to choose between a warm frothy glass of Mr. Ed or the aformentioned hairy scary beans... Which one are you downing?

:svengo:

Boy, that is a tough one. Starvation?

ewww no but I wouldn't eat ANYTHING that had any signs of mold, no matter how miniscule. Heck, I don't even like to eat something that is AT its expiration date, let alone past. I'm kinda squeamish like that, though :D

:iagree:

(And.. IRT the rest of this thread... HORSE semen??? Really? How do you people get to that? And how did I miss it... :tongue_smilie:)

Mold spores permeate soft food. That's why it's okay to eat hard cheese with mold scraped off, but not moldy soft cheese. Moldy beans? Groooosssss!

*makes face* I did NOT know that

So you mean when you have a couple of slices on the outside of bread/tortillas that have turned green with mold, you should not just throw out those slices and use the rest because the rest probably has mold in it as well?

*looks sick* maybe that's why we have such hearty immune systems... I've been feeding us mold!

Wow, that's way grosser than hairy beans.

So now the question is, if you had to choose between a warm frothy glass of Mr. Ed or the aformentioned hairy scary beans... Which one are you downing?

Oh Julie... That's the most disgusting "what would you choose" question ever! I'm killing myself laughing here. (And gagging in between.) Hairy beans and Mr. Ed's stuff. Urgh. :lol: :lol:

Oh Julie... That's the most disgusting "what would you choose" question ever! I'm killing myself laughing here. (And gagging in between.) Hairy beans and Mr. Ed's stuff. Urgh. :lol: :lol:

I know! We play what would you choose questions all of the time, and I honestly think this is the worst one ever!

Eewwww no way! When was little I remember my mom forgetting a pan of pinto beans on the stove when we had to leave quickly for a weekend... We came back and i was asked to dispose of said beans as mom was preggo and couldn't handle the smell... The beans had molded and still to this day I can smell that horrid smell...So I'm sitting here wondering why on earth would one scrape mold off beans and eat them... Doesn't your smell?.. The smell alone would make me hurl..

I just made a savory oatmeal with broth, garlic, pepper, and sriracha. Fried egg on top.

SAvory oatmeal. Hmmm, I'd never heard of that. But given my husband's penchant for sriracha, I bet he'd love it. What kind of broth- chicken? Do you cook the oatmeal in the broth?

Trying desperately to turn the tide of this thread!

So you mean when you have a couple of slices on the outside of bread/tortillas that have turned green with mold, you should not just throw out those slices and use the rest because the rest probably has mold in it as well?

You really should throw it all out.

jane (who has been known to reach into the bag for a few non-visibly-moldy slices)

Yes, ma'am.

I just made a savory oatmeal with broth, garlic, pepper, and sriracha. Fried egg on top.

Except I used the quick-cooking oats, because it's 11:30am and will very shortly turn unfashionably late for breakfast.

You must not be from the South. This is what grits are for.

I put scrambled eggs, cheese, and jalepenos in mine. Yum.

You must not be from the South. This is what grits are for.

I put scrambled eggs, cheese, and jalepenos in mine. Yum.

HEY now, watch yourself!!!! I'm not "from" the south, but I did spend ten years in Texas, baby! --I love grits, but oatmeal's what I had on hand. Though what I really wanted, obviously, was beans. :glare:

I've also made an Asian version, oatmeal cooked in broth, splash of teriyaki or soy sauce, green onions and ginger... :drool5:

Yeah, this. I definitely would not eat that, and I think the only other time I said that on a 'would you eat this' thread was the horse semen conversation.

Whaaaaat?! Please tell me what the context was in the "horse semen conversation" in regard to "would you eat this" because surely it can't have happened in any of the ways that are running through my head right now.

Ummm...the bean situation at ANY of our houses is better than yours!!! ;)

:lol:

Whaaaaat?! Please tell me what the context was in the "horse semen conversation" in regard to "would you eat this" because surely it can't have happened in any of the ways that are running through my head right now.

Oh, but it happened just that way! There was an article about this being one of the new 'gourmet treats' at a food fair, and someone posted asking if we'd eat it. (Obviously not expecting anyone would, but more letting us know about something outrageous.) You can search for the thread if you're curious. Grossness.

Oh, but it happened just that way! There was an article about this being one of the new 'gourmet treats' at a food fair, and someone posted asking if we'd eat it. (Obviously not expecting anyone would, but more letting us know about something outrageous.) You can search for the thread if you're curious. Grossness.

That's seriously disturbing. And how do they even get the... you know what. Never mind. :ack2:

:lol:

Okay, didn't read the whole thread at first, but this caught my eye. not sure whether to laugh or gag. Oh. My.

Personally, I'd be more worried about what you *can't* see. Beans aren't cheese and don't have the protective microbial composition that cheese does.

My husband says to go for it, but I wouldn't listen to him as he tends towards sarcasm.

:iagree: Wouldn't want to spend these beautiful spring days bowing to the White Porcelain God, IYKWIM;)

Nope...once beans grow mold, they do go out the door. Now, sour cream can mold on one side and I might scrape it off and eat the rest if it still smells okay. We have cut mold off many a cheese chunk and eaten the rest (like cheddar or monterey jack...not american). I also do the bread thing. Penicillin is made from mold...and we haven't died yet from the eating of the other stuff. Even with that, though, the beans would be GONE! LOL

:svengo:

Boy, that is a tough one. Starvation?

:iagree: I really can't choose. I've been confronted with moldy beans. Never saw the Mr.Ed juice before, but I'd be hard pressed to choose either :lol:

I am thinking that the beans are actually more dangerous... so I guess I would have to go with the one that is less likely to kill me.

You. are. hard. core.

;)

I know! We play what would you choose questions all of the time, and I honestly think this is the worst one ever!

I'm remembering this for the next time dh's friends start a round.