Menu

Anyone else watch Criminal Minds?

Want to discuss last nights episode?? *potential spoilers*

I am not sure how I feel about JJ and Hotch lying to the team about Emily's death. I think the team is going to flip out if/when they ever find out they were lied to about her death. They have to have a special type of trust in their team and this just lessens their trust in Hotch if they find out. What do you think?

Edited by MyBlueLobsters

I recently got sucked into criminal minds.. and watched all seasons while dvr'ing the current season lol.. so ive seen them all BUT last nights episode.. dd had a friend over and it tapes on the downstairs tv .. i dont watch it when kids are in the room lol.. I will watch it today while they are outside playing and cant wait to discuss it with ya!! :)

Are we sure that Hotch knows? I saw the scene where they spoke at the hospital, and we couldn't tell what was being said. I wondered if he knew, or if she was telling him, but it didn't seem clear to me 100%. It seems like a secret that the State Dept. would keep from the BAU for security reasons.

No kidding! Do you think they'll try to bring her back? I wondered if a part of her actually fell in love with Ian when she was cover. Do you think?

I did think that she did fall in love with him a little but. I heard she is off the show for good, but then they said that about JJ too and she has made her appearance. It wont be the same if she comes back after doing this to them. But, maybe they will catch and kill Ian and then she can wander back in and make everyone happy again :)

I did think that she did fall in love with him a little but. I heard she is off the show for good, but then they said that about JJ too and she has made her appearance. It wont be the same if she comes back after doing this to them. But, maybe they will catch and kill Ian and then she can wander back in and make everyone happy again :)

I hope Hotch doesn't know...but I really really think he does. I will just be sick if he doesn't tell the team.

Oh, as a side note...what do you think of them making us think Reid is starting to have mental problems like his mom? (with his headaches and such)

I didn't find the episode too earth shattering (Emily's fake death after Declan's fake death seemed a bit overdone, imo) but I did feel really bad for Ian. I mean, can you imagine thinking for how many years that your poor kid had been brutally killed after being betrayed by a woman you supposedly loved (who then revealed that she "killed" your kid, hid him away, and wouldn't let you know where he was)? How awful for him. I can understand why Emily did what she did to give Declan a better chance at a good life, but still... how terrible for Ian.

I know this sounds morbid, but if she is leaving the show for good....I wish they'd just have killed her character off.

:iagree:

Because they didn't we'll now all be wondering (at least I will) when she's going to randomly pop in. It screws with my enjoyment of the show :tongue_smilie::glare:

I have always loved the show. I'm sad that both Emily & JJ are off the show, I think their characters were an important part of the show. I do think Hotch knows because of their conversation in the hospital & the shared look between he & JJ at the funeral. I love Reid & hope whatever way they go with his character, its good!!!:)

!!!!

I think I should have stayed away from this thread!! I saw the title, and let my mouse hover over the title and even READ where it said spoilers...

Unfortunately the next line popped up in the little "preview" also... :glare: I should have known better!! :tongue_smilie:

leaving now since I won't be able to watch until tomorrow.....

I have watched this since Season One. Sad about her leaving, I liked her right from the get-go when she replaced Elle. I do think she will be back, somehow, someway. I think deep down the whole team knows/suspects she is alive. I am a little upset that the 'team' has been messed with again. Of course, I said I wouldn't watch it anymore after Gideon left too.:tongue_smilie: I hope NONE of the others leave, at least not for quite some time. I love inviting them all into my home on Wednesday nights...with the EXCEPTION of the New Girl. Don't know her name, don't want to. I just. don't. like. her. :glare: Maybe she'll grow on me...although I really doubt it!

As far as Reid, I have no clue where they are going with that. I am not sure the writers even know!:tongue_smilie::lol:

Oh! And, FWIW, Hotch is my TV Boyfriend. L.O.V.E. him.;)

I hope Hotch doesn't know...but I really really think he does. I will just be sick if he doesn't tell the team.

Oh, as a side note...what do you think of them making us think Reid is starting to have mental problems like his mom? (with his headaches and such)

I totally think Reid's mental issues are going to be a good storyline. He gets stuck in the background all the time and with his mind....it will be neat to see what they do with that!

!!!!

I think I should have stayed away from this thread!! I saw the title, and let my mouse hover over the title and even READ where it said spoilers...

Unfortunately the next line popped up in the little "preview" also... :glare: I should have known better!! :tongue_smilie:

leaving now since I won't be able to watch until tomorrow.....

SORRY! I put more spaces between, so it doesn't pop up anymore. Too late for you, though...sorry :(

I don't like the new girl either. Hotch knows, and was in on it. They did it to protect her from Ian (not that it matters, he found her this time). What I didn't like about last night, was at the end, when J.J. gave her the passports- it wasn't Emily. I don't know who it was, or why they used a diff. actress, but it wasn't her. Weird.

I don't like the new girl either. Hotch knows, and was in on it. They did it to protect her from Ian (not that it matters, he found her this time). What I didn't like about last night, was at the end, when J.J. gave her the passports- it wasn't Emily. I don't know who it was, or why they used a diff. actress, but it wasn't her. Weird.

Why don't you think it was Emily? They did a close up on her nails (the huge running theme) and they were chewed down, just like hers. Just curious about your thoughts on that. :)

I hate the new girl.

And I think Spencer has a brain tumor (unless I've missed something. I tend to watch at 3am with the baby!)

I tried to get this baby named Spencer, but got vetoed. :glare:

He has had an MRI, it was clear (that happened several episodes ago) The Dr's told him then they thought the headaches were possibly a mental illness thing. I love Reid...he's probably my favorite character.

He has had an MRI, it was clear (that happened several episodes ago) The Dr's told him then they thought the headaches were possibly a mental illness thing. I love Reid...he's probably my favorite character.

Dang! I need to start watching at normal hours!

Thanks for filling me in!!!

My dh thinks that J.J. is Emily's "handler", that she's going back undercover to catch the bad guy once and for all, without the restrictions of U.S. laws. When she does, she'll come back to the BAU. Her priority is to protect the child.

I do think Hotch knows that she's alive...he knows everything that goes on in the BAU.

Dh and I love this show. I think she knows where Declan is and will go to him and then Ian will come onto the scene and they will call in the BAU again. I will miss her character on the show. I also think Hotch knows and it is similar to Law & Order SVU when the ADA went into witness protection.

I'm not 100% sure what I think of the new show....

I love Criminal Minds, but I don't like the new show.

I do think Emily will be back, eventually. As far as Reid, I think something will come of his headaches next season. I hope they keep him on the showthough. He is my favorite character.

I love Criminal Minds, but I don't like the new show.

I do think Emily will be back, eventually. As far as Reid, I think something will come of his headaches next season. I hope they keep him on the showthough. He is my favorite character.

Yeah, if they keep dropping the 'regulars', I don't think I will continue watching! I love the team as a whole...start dropping individuals, the team will never be the same.

I'm with you there. I've been watching it but it hasn't caught me like original has.

I hope they don't drop any more team members. I miss Gideon. I still see him in re-runs!

I like Forest Whitaker, but not sure about the rest of the team. Don't like the dark haired girl so much. I miss Gideon too!!! It took a while, but I do like Rossi. I don't like Penelope being on the new show either. Her 'quirkiness' doesn't fit as well on that show.

I'm with you there. I've been watching it but it hasn't caught me like original has.

I hope they don't drop any more team members. I miss Gideon. I still see him in re-runs!

I don't like the new show. We have watched a couple of episodes but it doesn't have the same feel. Not sure why.

I read online somewhere she is trying out a brand new show... If the show doesn't take off the writers will write her back into next season.. If the show does take off we won't see her again. .... I'm not overly fond of the new girl... Her character isn't knowledgeable or strong enough to be on that team in my opinion.

As for the spin off show.. I've watched all the episodes but its not as good as criminal minds. I wonder at times if they put that show out there to attempt hook the criminal minds fans so at some point they can start breaking the bau apart on criminal minds and eventually end the show.

DH and I love Criminal Minds, but not the new show. All of the actors portrayals seem really forced to me (even Forest Whitaker, who's usually great). And it's pretty much a clone of the old show, nothing new.

As much as I love Mandy Patinkin, I didn't like him on CM. He was such a downer all of the time (almost as much as Hotch...does he *ever* smile?) I prefer Joe Mantenga.

I don't like the new girl...there's something "off" about her. Maybe it's because I think the actresses that play JJ and Emily got a raw deal getting fired for no reason. I wasn't a big JJ fan, but Emily, Reid, and Rossi are my favorites. Penelope drives me up the wall. I can stand a little of her banter, but I wish they would dial it down a little bit. Hotch and Morgan are just blah.

I wonder who they'll replace Emily with?

DH and I love Criminal Minds, but not the new show. All of the actors portrayals seem really forced to me (even Forest Whitaker, who's usually great). And it's pretty much a clone of the old show, nothing new.

As much as I love Mandy Patinkin, I didn't like him on CM. He was such a downer all of the time (almost as much as Hotch...does he *ever* smile?) I prefer Joe Mantenga.

I don't like the new girl...there's something "off" about her. Maybe it's because I think the actresses that play JJ and Emily got a raw deal getting fired for no reason. I wasn't a big JJ fan, but Emily, Reid, and Rossi are my favorites. Penelope drives me up the wall. I can stand a little of her banter, but I wish they would dial it down a little bit. Hotch and Morgan are just blah.

I wonder who they'll replace Emily with?

I love Penelope. I even named my GPS after her :001_smile: And you have to admit....Morgan is sure nice to look at! Do you remember the show "Darma and Greg"? Hotch played Greg on that show and I loved him then and still love him in this show. Although, I do wish he'd smile more....

I just want Reid to have a girlfriend....just once....for more than one episode...and I will volunteer to play her :001_smile:

I think Reid is fab!

But I don't like the new CM or the new girl on the old CM. I'm hating that all the leading ladies are leaving...JJ was one of my favorites.

I love Penelope. I even named my GPS after her :001_smile: And you have to admit....Morgan is sure nice to look at! Do you remember the show "Darma and Greg"? Hotch played Greg on that show and I loved him then and still love him in this show. Although, I do wish he'd smile more....

Morgan is nice to look at, but not as nice as Reid :001_smile:. I loved Hotch (why can't I remember the actor's name??) on Dharma and Greg. He had a better sense of humor on that. But, I understand why he's so glum on CM, given the subject matter. I actually can't imagine the show without him.

Now, I have to admit, Penelope has grown on me over the episodes. What I would really like to see is a romance between her and Morgan. Now *that* would be interesting. Instead they gave her that nerdy boyfriend, which is too predictable, imo. Why can't she have a shot at Morgan? It seems like they are avoiding the whole office romance thing with all of the characters though.

I just want Reid to have a girlfriend....just once....for more than one episode...and I will volunteer to play her :001_smile:

I think Reid is fab!

But I don't like the new CM or the new girl on the old CM. I'm hating that all the leading ladies are leaving...JJ was one of my favorites.

:iagree::iagree:

They did that one episode in the first season where he had a fling with that actress, but that didn't go anywhere. It seemed like they were hinting around that they were going to have something happen between Reid and the new girl (when Penelope talked to him on the phone, she said she could tell that he thought the new girl was pretty). I hope they don't head in that direction.

Morgan is nice to look at, but not as nice as Reid :001_smile:. I loved Hotch (why can't I remember the actor's name??) on Dharma and Greg. He had a better sense of humor on that. But, I understand why he's so glum on CM, given the subject matter. I actually can't imagine the show without him.

Now, I have to admit, Penelope has grown on me over the episodes. What I would really like to see is a romance between her and Morgan. Now *that* would be interesting. Instead they gave her that nerdy boyfriend, which is too predictable, imo. Why can't she have a shot at Morgan? It seems like they are avoiding the whole office romance thing with all of the characters though.

YES! I want her and Morgan to get together SO BADLY! :lol:

I would love to see Reid get a girlfriend too. He's such a sweetie.