Menu

Who's headed to Greenville?

mom31257

Me!! :hurray:

I'll be coming from the Birmingham, Alabama area - a 5 hour drive! Definitely not something I'll do every year, but I'm excited about my "vacation":001_smile:

I have my maps all printed out. I've reprinted and re-highlighted the workshop schedule now that I've narrowed it down a bit. I have my list of curricula to look at in the curriculum hall. And I bought a "dog trolley" for my chicken-eating dog so that he can't cause trouble while I'm gone for three days!:tongue_smilie:

I am ready! Bring it on!:D

I will be there.... The organizers did a great job in Memphis...looking forward to the Greenville version.

My family and I will be going. Plan on seeing Tim Hawkins. Can't wait!

Dr. Perrin, glad you posted; I plan to stop by and meet you to ask you some Latin questions!

Blessings everyone,

Jennifer

Quick question, the convention is obviously Christian, will there be any secular type curriculum featured, from previous experience? Are all the lectures from a Christian perspective?

We're going. I'm sending dh to see speakers during a time when I'm seeing a different speaker :) There's enough that looks interesting that I see doing this at least once or twice.

I'm opposed to using fundamentalist curriculum & I want to use material that's only secular (or that isn't blatantly Christian). There are a number of speakers that it has been easy to cross off my list. Even so, there are surprisingly enough that I can keep my days pretty packed. I want to see Susan Wise Bauer and Michael Clay Thompson.

There are quite a few others I'm interested in checking out. As long as the speaker isn't completely whacked out (IMO), I may be able to get some information from them.

The workshops & schedule are on their site, so you can see what might interest you.

I've got a list of curriculum I want to see if I can look at in the vendor's hall too. So check out the workshop descriptions & see if there'll be some things that'll appeal to you.