Menu

I need cheering up, people - I've had a sad day. Any funny stories to share?

After being knocked to the ground w/ hugs last night when he got home, dh peeled the last kid off of him so he could stand up. It was 3yo. She said, "Rats. I thought you would be an easy meal." :001_huh:

2yo just climbed in my lap, & when I hugged him, he looked up at me & said, "You're a sweet boy, Mama." :lol:

Edited by Aubrey

After being knocked to the ground w/ hugs last night when he got home, dh peeled the last kid off of him so he could stand up. It was 3yo. She said, "Rats. I thought you would be an easy meal." :001_huh:

Thanks Aubrey! That actually made me laugh out loud!

And I love when I see kids running to the door all excited to see someone.. especially daddy :001_wub:

While we were reviewing history, I asked my son what a nomad is. He said, "Someone who doesn't get angry?"

:lol:

:lol::lol: I can see a whole campaign on anger management with this.

Or perhaps it could be a new drug to help people overcome their anger. "I used to angry, then I tried Nomad."

I often have a hard time finding the words I mean. There is a certain state which leaves me at a greater loss for words, so here goes:

I was trying to explain to dh a feeling of...I don't remember--shock, loss--something like that, where your insides just plummet or sink or something.

"My bottom fell out." :001_huh:

And then I was joking about doing penance for something to one of the kids. I think the word I was thinking of is self-flagellation, but honestly, I'm still not sure.

"I'm practicing self-flatulation." :glare:

There's more but, ironically, I can't remember them right now.

My boys are sick. The other day I told my dh that ds2's hoarse voice broke my heart. Ds1 immediately went upstairs and came back with his toy tools and proceeded to "fix" my broken heart by banging it with a hammer and drilling it with a (toy) screwdriver :D

The other day ds1 said "Excuse me!" and then asked "Does it smell better?" :lol:

Someone hacked into a Blond's computer account. The password was:MickeyGoofyPlutoDaisyCinderellaShrekDonkeyFionaWashingtonD.C. When asked why she had such a long password she replied that she was told it had to have at least eight characters and one capital.

Edited by theYoungerMrsWarde

Well, today I did school with my dd from 6:30 - 8:30 and then made the trek to visit my Mom at her nursing home. It had been the longest we hadn't seen each other -- about 3 months. While we were sitting in the lobby, catching up, someone's dog came for a visit and was leaving. She turned to me and said, "How's your dog?" This was big, because my Mom has some dementia and often forgets my dog's existence. We chatted about my dog, and then she said, "Do you remember my Mom (my Grandmother) going on and on about that boxer she had?"

Oh yeah, I remember. I was 8, and my Grandmother had dementia so much more than my Mom does. She'd end the story and start right back in again. But I loved my Grandmother so, and it was not any hardship to listen to the story for the 4th or 5th time. My Mom asked, "Do I do that?" And I said, "No Ma, you don't. You do get stuck on some things sometimes, but it's only because you don't agree with my parenting." And the two of us sat there, on this loveseat with the sun streaming in the window onto us, and grinned ourselves silly. It was a wonderful visit. :)

:grouphug: to you tonight.

Dd: How do they get the music onto the CD's?

Mom: Hmmm. . .I don't know, that's a good question.

Dd: Didn't you go to college?

Mom: Yes

Dd: Then how come you don't know anything? :001_huh:

:lol: If she still wants to know, try The New Way things Work. I love this book :D

http://www.amazon.com/New-Way-Things-Work/dp/0395938473/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299288645&sr=8-1

I was in the DMV late afternoon yesterday. I only wanted to get my business done and go. home.

My two 7 year olds were with me. The man at the desk -- super nice and very good looking -- took him time. Told me all about his life. On and on as he slowly got the business handled.

Honestly, he was interesting, but we had been in the DMV for an hour and a half before we got to drive home.

So, at the end, we were the only customers still there, my boys took my laptop case and were wheeling it around and around in the empty areas. They weren't being bad -- I was worried more for my laptop than anything.

Finally, at the end, the guy looks up and says, "you must homeschool." Huh? I hadn't said ONE WORD about homeschooling. Not a word. And, remember, this was late, late afternoon -- not school hours.

He repeated it and I said, "well, we do, but how do you know?" And he said, "because your boys really listen to you. I can always see a difference between homeschool kids and public school kids."

I was floored. Floored. I still am as I write this. My boys and I have a great relationship, but I didn't think some dude at the DMV would notice.

Really speaks well of most homeschoolers.

Alley