Menu

I guess it's time for me to formally introduce myself . . .

Hello Hive!!

I have been reading these forums for the past couple of months, posting here and there to get a feel for the place. I think I'll stick around, if y'all don't mind!!

I'm Sharee, married to Mike, and mother to six girls: four by birth and two by airplane. :D We have homeschooled from the beginning. I began using primarily Sonlight (I'm ParrotheadMama on the SL forums) but have since been using it less and less. My oldest is an auditory learner, and one of my other kids is as well, so all the RA's and methods of Sonlight work well for them. BUT. I eventually realized that my other kids learn in other ways, and that as much as I like SL, I needed to find other things for my kids. We use FLL, SOTW (including the activity books), Moving Beyond the Page, and other stuff that I kind of design myself.

I always have to tweak SL every year because we're Catholic, and I see a time fast approaching when we don't buy SL Cores anymore-- I am actually debating whether to buy Cores 6 & 7 (or 6 + 7) for this very reason (we are moving through Core 5 now, adapted in various ways for my different aged kids). Hence my decision to come play over here. ;)

I am also an attorney. We live three blocks from our local courthouse, and my office, which is in our basement, has its own entrance. I primarily practice adoption law, but, at the request of several families and professionals in our rural community, I am starting to study up on school/special education law. As of yesterday, I am an affiliate with Homeschool Legal Advantage.

I appreciate the broad range of voices here in the Hive-- Protestant, Catholic, Mormon, Wiccan, religious homeschoolers and secular homeschoolers-- particularly the respectful way in which everyone seems to handle those differences.

Thanks for letting me join in!!

Hello Hive!!

I have been reading these forums for the past couple of months, posting here and there to get a feel for the place. I think I'll stick around, if y'all don't mind!!

I'm Sharee, married to Mike, and mother to six girls: four by birth and two by airplane. :D We have homeschooled from the beginning. I began using primarily Sonlight (I'm ParrotheadMama on the SL forums) but have since been using it less and less. My oldest is an auditory learner, and one of my other kids is as well, so all the RA's and methods of Sonlight work well for them. BUT. I eventually realized that my other kids learn in other ways, and that as much as I like SL, I needed to find other things for my kids. We use FLL, SOTW (including the activity books), Moving Beyond the Page, and other stuff that I kind of design myself.

I always have to tweak SL every year because we're Catholic, and I see a time fast approaching when we don't buy SL Cores anymore-- I am actually debating whether to buy Cores 6 & 7 (or 6 + 7) for this very reason (we are moving through Core 5 now, adapted in various ways for my different aged kids). Hence my decision to come play over here. ;)

I am also an attorney. We live three blocks from our local courthouse, and my office, which is in our basement, has its own entrance. I primarily practice adoption law, but, at the request of several families and professionals in our rural community, I am starting to study up on school/special education law. As of yesterday, I am an affiliate with Homeschool Legal Advantage.

I appreciate the broad range of voices here in the Hive-- Protestant, Catholic, Mormon, Wiccan, religious homeschoolers and secular homeschoolers-- particularly the respectful way in which everyone seems to handle those differences.

Thanks for letting me join in!!

I moved away from SL years ago and am using part WTM and part CLAA. There is SL-Catholic yahoo group. Have you tried there?