Menu

Do you LOVE your bread machine?

:001_tt1:

I love my Zojirushi!

me too! I got mine for Christmas and I am in love with mine too. It was expensive, but, in my opinion, worth every cent and it will pay for itself very soon...I haven't figured out what it costs me to make a loaf of bread, but if it is only 1/2 of what I used to spend on bread from the store, it won't take very long. Did I already say, I am in love with my Zo??!!??!!??

Don't go with a Breadman these days. I had one for years and it was rock solid. Ordered a new one, and it was so obviously inferior to the previous one we had. I returned it, then went out on the web and read of others having similar reactions to the quality of the current Breadman models.

I just got a new Panasonic. Only done two loaves so far, but we generally have good luck with that brand of electronics, so I'm hopeful, but unable to give you a recommendation on it yet.

I-yi-i! Those zojirushi machines are getting great reviews, but the price...:svengo: I suppose if it bakes great bread all of the time and produce good dough, then it would be worth it. I just can't bring myself to pay that right now. My birthday is coming up though...hmmmm.

I was looking at a Breadman online and it got mixed reviews. Sorry to hear yours, nono, didn't work out. Glad you warned me though.

Having used Panasonic/National, Breadman and Zojirushi, I can say that my favorite was probably the Panasonic/National overall, with the Zo a close 2nd. They all made pretty good bread, though. You shouldn't have to pay top dollar to get a good, basic machine.

We have an older Hitachi I picked up at the thrift store a few years ago. It's works great and I love how the house smells when we bake bread, but honestly I think it's our cookbook that help makes the breadmachine make good bread. :tongue_smilie:

Edited by jadedone80