Menu

May I say how weird, weird, WEIRD it is to discuss politics on this board?

That's all. Just... I feel vaguely guilty.

:leaving:

'Member that time when we tried to discuss politics and the admins took our board away? And someone needed to announce that their baby had been born so she went to the curr. board and asked for selecting curr. for a little girl who would start kinder. in about 5 years? That was funny. And my house had just burned and I needed advice about selecting stuff for my house and the board was gone.:eek: I had to actually think about things for myself.

And someone needed to announce that their baby had been born so she went to the curr. board and asked for selecting curr. for a little girl who would start kinder. in about 5 years?

I like the "I think my fetus is gifted, what curriculum should I use!?" people, they make me laugh.

'Member that time when we tried to discuss politics and the admins took our board away? And someone needed to announce that their baby had been born so she went to the curr. board and asked for selecting curr. for a little girl who would start kinder. in about 5 years? That was funny. And my house had just burned and I needed advice about selecting stuff for my house and the board was gone.:eek: I had to actually think about things for myself.

Dark days, Kelli. Dark days. :crying:

And tonight on the boards we have politics, religion, polygamy, transgender pregnancies, and young adults with weapons. Yes folks, there's something here to offend everyone! :D

Someone start a post about dish towels. I can't stand the suspense!!

scared001.gif

LOL!!!! I had totally forgotten about that one!! I remember when we were "grounded".

I don't like talking politics in real life, and I really don't want to do it here!!

And tonight on the boards we have politics, religion, polygamy, transgender pregnancies, and young adults with weapons. Yes folks, there's something here to offend everyone! :D

Oh, dear Lord, I am CRYING I am laughing so hard! I have had a rough day, so thank you, beansprouts, thank you very much.

Someone start a post about dish towels. I can't stand the suspense!!

scared001.gif

Go ahead and dare me to start one:) I have embroider three tea-towels for my kitchen in the last two weeks.

I avoid political discussion with anyone other than dh or my boys. Ds11 has been asking some great questions this year! Having to answer him has really made me think about my own political views.

I can't handle a lot of conflict. You won't find me participating in those discussions (or even reading them!). This is as close as I'll get.

Plus, I like to think of everyone on this board as my cyber-mentors/friends. I don't like to muddy those waters with talks of politics. I'm a peacekeeper. :)

I actually enjoy discussing politics, weird eh? :001_huh: As long as it remains civil and without personal attacks....on the other involved in the discussion...the candidates should be scrutinized, not necessarily personally attacked, but definitely scrutinized before they are allowed to be leaders of our government. Maybe a spinoff question: what is it about discussing politics that bothers so many?