Menu

Inducing this Thursday!

Unless the baby decides to show up before then...

I think I'm getting more nervous having a plan for him getting here then I was before...

I'm going to be 41 weeks and the main reason we are inducing him is because my mom has a minor surgery a week later and we don't want to both be injured (I'm living with her right now)...that and I've gained a little bit of extra weight with the gestational diabetes so we are a little worried about how big he's going to get...and Thursday is a good day because then Chris will have a 4 day weekend to help out :001_smile:

Plus a bunch of other reasons but I'm already writing a lot...

Hopefully he just decides to show up...tonight :D

Praying he comes naturally. Have you tried natural inductions? I would go that route first.

:grouphug:

we have tried just about everything :001_smile:

I seem to have a very stubborn cervix (or baby)!!

I've gotten lots of advice and Ideas and we have tried every one (that I thought was safe...no trampolines for me!)

Sigh

But if anyone has an idea that isn't raspberry tea, Castro oil, walking, intimate uh...stuff, spicy foods, stairs, or skippolini's preggo pizza (or combinations of these) let me know! :glare:

I've gotten lots of advice and Ideas and we have tried every one (that I thought was safe...no trampolines for me!)

Sigh

But if anyone has an idea that isn't raspberry tea, Castro oil, walking, intimate uh...stuff, spicy foods, stairs, or skippolini's preggo pizza (or combinations of these) let me know! :glare:

Prayer :001_huh: Thinking....

Just a reminder to ask what your bishops score is before inducing.....you wouldn't want to increase your risk of a c-section right before your mom has surgery :)

I had to look that up to know what it was :001_smile:

the doctor said I'm 50% effaced and the cervix is soft, but a little posterior...and at 1 cm still...

I had to look that up to know what it was :001_smile:

the doctor said I'm 50% effaced and the cervix is soft, but a little posterior...and at 1 cm still...

That would make your Bishop Score fairly low, which means that the chance of an induction not taking is fairly likely.

Have you tried evening primrose oil? The best thing to do with it in your situation would probably be to open the capsules and apply it to the cervix twice a day. The other option is to insert the capsule and let it dissolve.

Nipple stimulation is another option.

If you do go with a medical induction, I would recommend telling them to use Cervadil (not Cytotec) overnight before starting pitocin. A cervical ripening agent can increase the likelihood of an induction working.

Sigh

:grouphug: Just wanted to ask what they are planning to use for induction? I've had 3 very successful inductions for gestational diabetes and my OB used P-gel all three times. I've never had Pitocin, so I can't offer a comparison; however, my OB told me that P-gel can induce a labor that is similar to spontaneous labor. P-gel stimulates a slow and steady progression of contractions versus the immediate onset of intense contractions for which Pitocin is known. This was my experience all three times. Each time I had a P-gel application between 8am and 9am. By 11am-12pm I was always at 3cm+ and my OB would break my water. First baby born at 4:16pm. Second baby born at 3:18pm. Third baby born at 1:51pm. I hope your baby comes on its own before Thursday, but if you end up with an induction I can highly recommend P-gel! BEST WISHES!

If you do go with a medical induction, I would recommend telling them to use Cervadil (not Cytotec) overnight before starting pitocin. A cervical ripening agent can increase the likelihood of an induction working.

That sounds like what the plan is...I know I'm going in Thursday night and I'm taking something every 4 hours to help soften things up and get me ready for the pitocin...not sure if they are doing cervadil or something else? guess I should have been taking notes...lol I'm sure my mom remembers more then me (that's why I like her being at the appointments) so I'll ask her :001_smile:

Nipple stimulation hasn't worked yet...

Oh, I almost forgot. My midwife had me take cotton root bark extract, a few drops under the tongue every 4 hours. It tastes awful. I don't know that it worked for me, as my baby was born days later, but it did for a friend.

And remember, average length of pregnancy is 41 weeks 3 days :)

Oh, I almost forgot. My midwife had me take cotton root bark extract, a few drops under the tongue every 4 hours. It tastes awful. I don't know that it worked for me, as my baby was born days later, but it did for a friend.

And remember, average length of pregnancy is 41 weeks 3 days :)

so yesterday!! :glare:

I'll look those up! I'm not sure where to find them but I'm guessing the pharmacy section of the store down the street...and I can walk to to the store so I'll be knocking that method out of the way too! It's a plan...:001_smile:

So your due date was the 21st of January? (I may or may not have calculated right.) Mine was the 22nd of January...

just kidding! I thought she said 40 w 3 days...lol

my due date was the 27th :confused1:

I blame pregnancy brain!

Hannah you're amaizing!! I thought I was being patient... :001_smile:

so yesterday!! :glare:

I'll look those up! I'm not sure where to find them but I'm guessing the pharmacy section of the store down the street...and I can walk to to the store so I'll be knocking that method out of the way too! It's a plan...:001_smile:

LOL. If it helps I remember being really mad when 41 weeks 3 days came and went without even a braxton hicks contraction, But dd was born at 41 weeks 5 days easily with less than 8 hours of labor.

Have they tried stripping your membranes? While this carries a small risk (everything does right) it's still a lot lower than the risks with inductions. Membrane stripping plus nipple stimulations worked 3 out out of 3 times for me. Sadly 2 out of 2 inductions ended with c-sections for me.

I'm as impatient as the next person but after my 2nd c-section I realized that as much as I hate being pregnant, it was still better to stay pregnant a few more days than mess with inductions. Covenenience is a very bad reason for induction because if your body is not ready, it will create more problems for you. Here's hoping you go into labor very soon.

The only thing that has worked for me was to be fed up enough to sit and cry:glare: My last baby was born at 37 weeks after my crying jag. I was so done and I had left the doctors office after he said he would not be able to induce for another 2 weeks, so I left went out to my van cried a good 20 minutes, and went about my day. We went shopping at the 24 hour Walmart at 11pm I walked around for 2 hours, went home and my water broke! Out of my 9 all but 2 were just about 2 weeks late!!! Number 8 was born 20 minutes after his induction was supposed to start:lol: My doctor had scheduled an induction the week before(41 weeks) and I actually showed up and could not go through with it and went home. The following week the induction was scheduled to start at 7 am and my little guy was born at 7:20 am.( labor had started at 4:30 am):D

Best wishes to you ladies!:grouphug:

I have had all five of my girls via induction. One was 39 weeks, two at 40 weeks, and two at almost 41 weeks. Mine have never come on their own, and after my first child was almost 9 pounds, I've never wanted to wait longer than 41 weeks. I am scheduled for induction two days after my due date this time. I am now 38 1/2 weeks and waiting for baby but just assume she will come through induction like the others. Oh, and so far (which I hope will continue), I have not had a c-section.

2 inductions here, 1 after my normally starting labor stalled... easiest birth ever! No kidding, AMAZING.. they said push then there she was... I didn't even notice transition... :D

One was so we wouldn't be in the hospital at Christmas... No issues with the induction... Just a tad less effective epidural. :tongue_smilie:

:grouphug: The only babies I can have before 42 weeks are twins.

My oldest was induced. After 12 hours we had the epidural or c-section talk with the midwives and opted for an epidural. Twelve hours after that we had a baby.

My youngest was supposed to be induced, but my water broke the night before the induction. I ended up with an epidural for a few hours (darn sunny-side-down, big-headed babies!) and they did need to use the vacuum to get him out, but at the end of the day we avoided surgery and had a healthy baby.

It's nice to see that so many people have lived through this! :hurray:

I just had to re-wash the going home outfits for me and the baby because the hospital bag got wet (a water bottle leaked) and sat in the trunk of the car for the last week...gross. and I had to re-print the birthplan... :glare:

BUT! aside from that I'm all ready, just a little nervous cause it's my first baby.

I can't believe he'll be here!! even though he was supposed to be here by now it's weird having an actual date for his arrival. Unless he decides to show up the day before just because! (that would be nice too) :001_smile:

Geez, all this talk about deliveries at 40+ weeks is making me thoroughly depressed! My dh told me to stop reading :D My last two came on their own at 38 weeks and that's as far as I can fathom. Right now, I'm 35 weeks and praying, praying for this one to come out soon! I can't breathe or sleep and walking is literally painful! Not to mention the gestational diabetes thing, it's crummy diet and the 4x a day glucose checks :tongue_smilie:

She feels like a ton already. . .the thought of 5 more weeks is more than my sanity can take!

Serenity Now! Serenity Now! (yes, living life in Seinfeld moments! :lol:)

Good luck with your induction.

Good luck! I have a couple of friends who absolutely swear by acupuncture in this sort of circumstance.

I had three happily uneventful inductions (water broke but I didn't go into labor, all three times). I was very upset about it the first time, but really, all the deliveries were as smooth as could be. Hope you're holding your baby soon!

Geez, all this talk about deliveries at 40+ weeks is making me thoroughly depressed! My dh told me to stop reading :D My last two came on their own at 38 weeks and that's as far as I can fathom. Right now, I'm 35 weeks and praying, praying for this one to come out soon! I can't breathe or sleep and walking is literally painful! Not to mention the gestational diabetes thing, it's crummy diet and the 4x a day glucose checks :tongue_smilie:

She feels like a ton already. . .the thought of 5 more weeks is more than my sanity can take!

Serenity Now! Serenity Now! (yes, living life in Seinfeld moments! :lol:)

Good luck with your induction.

LOL, I hate to scare you more but my first was born at 38 weeks, so I was sure my second would be early too. Nope. 41 weeks 5 days :) But, it was a MUCH MUCH MUCH easier labor, much faster, and she was a mellow baby that started sleeping though the night much earlier. It's my belief that later babies are more "cooked" and less colicky too!