Menu

Is it "okay" to ask a stranger for their old pant ies?

Guest RecumbentHeart

I really have no comment about the buyers intent...:001_huh:

I just wanted to comment on the echeck. I never keep/kept money in my Paypal account so when I made a purchase it would show up as an echeck, which simply means Paypal is asking my checking account for a money transfer to cover the purchase. I now fund my Paypay purchases with a credit card for extra protection so I really haven't kept up on all of it. But 5 days for an echeck to clear is about right. I would think if there wasn't money to cover the echeck in the buyer's bank account, it would not have cleared.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a couple thoughts, I've done a lot of internet sales and cloth diapered and seen a lot of scams related to both...

1. This buyer strikes me not as a scammer but as a person with a fetish (the two don't necessarily go together), and a bit of an optimist as well (he hopes you'll just add in the goodies, haha!!). If you don't mind your child's diapers being in the hands of a person with a fetish, that's totally fine. Obviously if you go through with the transaction, you're not going to toss in your lingerie just for kicks.

2. The paypal e-check is not the same as a check clearing the bank. It means paypal has electronically withdrawn and received the money from the buyer's account. 5 days is typical. I've never had one come back later and reverse.

My advice if you want the $125, follow paypal seller guidelines very carefully. Check his paypal rating. Make sure you will be covered under their seller protection policies, and ship with delivery confirmation.

and keep us posted because this conversation has been very interesting!

Guest RecumbentHeart

I'm really hoping for a non-event of which there will be nothing to report. :D lol

a couple thoughts, I've done a lot of internet sales and cloth diapered and seen a lot of scams related to both...

1. This buyer strikes me not as a scammer but as a person with a fetish (the two don't necessarily go together), and a bit of an optimist as well (he hopes you'll just add in the goodies, haha!!). If you don't mind your child's diapers being in the hands of a person with a fetish, that's totally fine. Obviously if you go through with the transaction, you're not going to toss in your lingerie just for kicks.

2. The paypal e-check is not the same as a check clearing the bank. It means paypal has electronically withdrawn and received the money from the buyer's account. 5 days is typical. I've never had one come back later and reverse.

My advice if you want the $125, follow paypal seller guidelines very carefully. Check his paypal rating. Make sure you will be covered under their seller protection policies, and ship with delivery confirmation.

and keep us posted because this conversation has been very interesting!

Guest RecumbentHeart

Wait! I was wrong!!

The person DID sign the first couple emails with a woman's name.

Does that change anyone's suspicions? I'd feel really bad if it's really a very innocent thing that's just blown way out of proportion :blush:

IMO, that makes it even worse, using a woman's name to get you interested at the start. I strongly suspect someone with a sick fetish. I would report it, just so there is a record IN CASE there have been prior problems or if there are future problems. I would probably cancel the whole transaction, lest they get creepy with my belongings and search me out again. But maybe I am just paranoid.

There is absolutely NO WAY that this is innocent. It's a creep with a weird f3tish. It is possible that it is not a dangerous f3tish.....(i.e. they're probably not going to try to track you down and stalk you)

Personally, I would try to get out of the transaction completely, though I understand that some people would feel like they need to hold up their end of the bargain with the diapers.

My only real advice is don't worry about this being something innocent blown out of proportion. It is NOT innocent.

I would cancel the transaction, send a note saying -" these items are no longer available" I wouldn't say why - but just the thought that I strongly suspect this person is a pervert is good enough reason to cancel the transaction. I would consider reporting this incident to the police. This person may by chance fit a profile of someone they are looking for.

I own a busy cloth diapering forum, and we have LOTS of people buying and selling diapers. We DON'T have people buying and selling their underwear. Anybody who made such a suggestion would be regarded as a weirdo at the very least, and carrying out such a transaction would be discouraged. Unfortunately, we DO get some strange people from time to time, and I have found that if somebody suggests something which sets off alarms with you or makes you uncomfortable, it's best NOT to enter into transactions with them. More often than not, those feelings are quite correct. Since this bothered you enough to ask about it, I'd run, run away, if I were you.

Lol, I cant believe this thread is still going and still on topic!.

I was suspicious when I first read it. I mean, who actually buys rags online anyway? Or diapers to use as rags? FOr a church? Wouldnt a church have enough members to contribute stuff as rags? Thats just weird but I guess it wouldn't bother me- no way would I feel comfortable sending my old undies to anyone, though. And I am not so easily weirded out.

Yes, churches ask for donations or buy at Salvation Army or goodwill. Our church along with two others participates in a fall festival where we help kids and families make scarecrows. We get donations for the charities of totally unusable clothing for this endeavor and we get lots. IF the church wasn't able to get enough donations of rags from their members and attendees, they would go to a charity like that or ask for donations in the paper. Getting rags is absolutely no problem at all- much easier than even getting clothes for scarecrows.

It is my understanding that people with a diaper fetish actually wear diapers not just fondle them. Exactly what size diaper would an adult need? Isn't there places that sell those? Because it seems that you would have to sew together one whole lot of baby diapers to get one larger enough for an adult to wear. And most men would need pretty large panties if they planned to wear them although I don't doubt that those could just be for fondling. Fondling or wearing women's under garments is usually a seperate fetish than diapering though. Believe it or not, I actually did some research on the subject in college in abnormal psych and human sexuality, although I tended to specialize in other areas (no less weird).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RecumbentHeart
I'm just curious what the outcome of this finally was. Recumbentheart, did you wind up cancelling the transaction??

Well, DH wanted to send it so he did and put his work address as the return address. He paid for signature confirmation and after all was said and done it ended up costing more to ship than estimated, eating up the extra I had tacked on to make up for the hassle, plus some. :glare: This is why I hate shipping - I can never get that right.

If you recall from an earlier post I had mentioned getting an email from the buyer asking if I'd shipped them yet and to let them know as soon as it shipped. At that point I was still waiting for the Echeck to clear and wrote back telling them so - no response from them. A couple of days later I wrote again saying it had cleared and I'd be sending the next day and letting them know that I'd looked around but had thrown out anything I had that could have been used as rags so only had a few baby items to throw in as extras. No response from buyer. I mailed a third time the following day with the tracking number. Never heard from them. I checked the tracking and confirmed that the man whose name was on the email address signed for it upon the second attempt to deliver. I transferred the money from the echeck out of paypal into our bank account and there has been no word from the buyer or PayPal since.

I was trying to get the photos of my children off my blog after a previous post got me paranoid about that but homeschoolblogger has me locked out of my account and hasn't responded to my email about it so they're stuck up there. :glare:

Well, DH wanted to send it so he did and put his work address as the return address. He paid for signature confirmation and after all was said and done it ended up costing more to ship than estimated, eating up the extra I had tacked on to make up for the hassle, plus some. :glare: This is why I hate shipping - I can never get that right.

If you recall from an earlier post I had mentioned getting an email from the buyer asking if I'd shipped them yet and to let them know as soon as it shipped. At that point I was still waiting for the Echeck to clear and wrote back telling them so - no response from them. A couple of days later I wrote again saying it had cleared and I'd be sending the next day and letting them know that I'd looked around but had thrown out anything I had that could have been used as rags so only had a few baby items to throw in as extras. No response from buyer. I mailed a third time the following day with the tracking number. Never heard from them. I checked the tracking and confirmed that the man whose name was on the email address signed for it upon the second attempt to deliver. I transferred the money from the echeck out of paypal into our bank account and there has been no word from the buyer or PayPal since.

I was trying to get the photos of my children off my blog after a previous post got me paranoid about that but homeschoolblogger has me locked out of my account and hasn't responded to my email about it so they're stuck up there. :glare:

thanks for the update. I was curious how things ultimately played out. That's weird that after all that pestering and writing that you only got silence from him in the end. Well, it's over now anyway. I swear, sometimes real life really is stranger than fiction.:001_huh: