Menu

What's your favorite edition of Aesop's Fables?

Sahamamama

I have the beautiful, hardbound Milo Winter version I bought from SL ages ago, and it's still delightful. I've been reading it to ds. When dd was younger, say around 1st, I had her do rewrites of the fables, because they're nice and short for retelling. So it's a book you'll get a lot of use out of. :)

We have these three:

http://www.amazon.com/Aesops-Fables-Saviour-Pirotta/dp/0753461331/ref=sr_1_28?ie=UTF8&qid=1295137850&sr=8-28

http://www.amazon.com/McElderry-Book-Aesops-Fables/dp/1416902902/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1295137720&sr=8-10

http://www.amazon.com/Unwitting-Wisdom-Anthology-Aesops-Fables/dp/B000F7BPDY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295137875&sr=8-1

So far we have only read the first two. The third we will be using with TOG so I am saving it. Adrian loves Aesop's fables (must be the Greek blood :p) but his favorite so far is the first one :D.

I like this because it comes with a CD and the font size is very comfortable for a younger child.

More than 130 fables, full color illustrations and a CD with 42 of the stories for $9.35! How did I miss this one :glare:! Adding it to my list. Thank you for linking it :).

I like this because it comes with a CD and the font size is very comfortable for a younger child.

:iagree:

This one. I had another one, got rid of that one, this one gets read and re-read at our house. I used the CD once, it is fine, but they prefer me to read it or my daughter reads it on her own.

Edited by ElizabethB

In the meantime, for those that don't mind reading to their kids online, I found this :). It includes the original illustrations by Milo Winter. While checking out the Milo Winter editions on Amazon, a reviewer mentioned that there's supposed to be a free download from Project Gutenberg but I am not seeing a PDF format. Not sure if it is because I am in Canada. Anyway, thought I would put it out there for anyone interested.

:iagree: We have this one, too. I really like it. I do wish I had it in hardcover, but we do like having the CD. My DD is really liking books on CD right now, and I'm glad we have this in addition to some short storybooks.