Menu

Have we had a "what is your 12yog getting for Christmas" thread yet?

from dh and me:

Brother CS6000i sewing machine because the one we have right now is a piece of trash

32gb ipod classic - used (I would have loved to get her an itouch, but those were over $150 used and this was only $60)

Lego Harry Potter game

from great-grandmother

new guitar case

from grandpa

Taj Mahal lego kit ($$$$) - he's delighted to finally have a grandchild who shares his passion for architecture, that she's also a lego nut is a bonus (no way would dh and I spend that much money)

My dd is still 11 but I found her to be the hardest to shop for this year. Being right on that cusp between childhood and adolescence made it so hard. Any way she got a bunch of little pet shop stuff, and chaotic cards. A kit to paint glass decorative plates and a couple other craft kits. A couple new shirts and 2 pairs of skinny jeans (she is so tiny they are still baggy on her), and a couple sets of "lotions and potions" (bubble bath, lotion, puff etc).

Her dad is getting her a new violin

DD11 (going on 15) - pyjamas and books. And a few little bits from her sibs :001_smile:

She's difficult to buy for, not because she doesn't need anything, but because if I'm not careful I end up buying her "useful" things, and then DD9 gets something fun (because she gets DD11's cast offs).. I've realised I can't win, you know!

G Sony Walkman (like an iPod) from her Gma (dd added her own money too)

Schleich animals

Littlest Pet Shop toys (she is about to out grow this toy but there were a few last ones that she wanted)

Microphone, Keyboard and stand for Wii Rock Band 3 (For a family gift I bought all new instruments for Rock Band 3-these are the ones she will use most, so she will get to open these ones.)

PJs

Folkmanis Owl puppet and baby too

New power cord for her DS.

Game for the Wii

Game for the DS

Earrings

Owl pillow for her bed that matches her bedroom set

Stocking stuffers

Well, we're cutting back quite a bit, but here are a couple.

Fun reading books

CD/clock/radio to replace the one that she's had since she was a baby and we played her lullaby music to it.......aaahh! It's actually worn down with so much use.

We came back from Disney World last month...does that count? :tongue_smilie:

My dd is now 13. Last year she got a digital camera and some clothes. This year she will get an am/fm radio clock radio/docking station with speakers for her iPod, a jewelry box with some pretty silver earrings hidden inside, a blank journal and locking treasure box to store it in, a Wii dancing game and a couple of clothing items. Gosh, now that I've spelled it all out, I realize she'll be having a bountiful Christmas!

So far I've gotten the following for my 11.5 dd:

new bike - the schwinn delmar cruiser bike

compound bow set, extra arrows, target

lots of games - Mindflex, Loopz, Bop-it Bounce, and a few others

lava lamp

1000 piece puzzle

nightgown and 2 sets of pajamas

Red Pyramid book

Little Women - a hardcover, illustrated, unabridged version

The Wrinkle in Time Quintet box set

Bath and Body Works stuff

Earrings

Purse

Watch - one of those new jelly kind

jacket

peace sign belt

a few t-shirts

calendar

fleece no-sew blanket

bath wrap

peace sign bookends

cell phone (which is only for use when she is at home alone as we no longer use a land line)

Candie's sweater boots

stocking stuffers

She's also getting the Elizabeth and Felicity AG dolls and one of the AG beds from my mother. We might get her speakers for her I-Pod, too, but I'm not sure yet.