Menu

Just wondering who else out there hasn't started Christmas shopping yet.

I haven't. Well, I've bought one little $12 gift for each of the dc. Dh & I bought them a couple of months ago, and we've bought NOTHING since. This year, for a change, I've actually saved some money for Christmas, so it's not like it usually is, with us waiting for a windfall so we can buy presents. I need to get motivated! Please tell me I'm not the only one who hasn't even started Christmas shopping yet. :tongue_smilie:

I have very little shopping done, one big present for DD, a present for DH and a couple stocking stuffers.

I'm still making lists and figuring out where I'm going to buy things. I need to go out and see what I can buy in town, so I know what I need to order.

Shopping early does not work for me because if I shop early I just keep shopping and end up with way too much stuff.

Hmmm, ok. I am starting to freak out a little bit. :willy_nilly:

I bought a few things online a few days ago, but I am not nearly done. What's worse is that I don't have any idea what to get for the people I still have to shop for (husband, daughter, youngest son, niece, nephew, LOL). AND, we moved this summer which means I HAVE to send out cards because of our change of address, plus I didn't send *any* out last year. But I don't even have them, nor have I typed up a "newsletter".

And yet, I'm not panicked at all. Strange.

This thread makes me feel like I'm going to :svengo:

Seriously, I would be freaking out if I didn't have my shopping done. I don't know how you all handle it!

It's easy when there isn't much extra money. I kind of barf reading about what everybody here is planning to spend. I am just so not there....and don't even really wanna be.

It's easy when there isn't much extra money. I kind of barf reading about what everybody here is planning to spend. I am just so not there....and don't even really wanna be.

After I went to bed last night, I thought about my post. I hope it didn't come across as insensitive. I was teasing a bit. We start shopping early because if we wait until the week before, the money will not be there. That's the only way we can make sure we get ours done before December. And my Christmas list is short, thank the Lord.

:grouphug:

Ugh. I have bought exactly three things: a DVD set for my husband, a set of little toy rescue vehicles for my son, and a book of ballet stories for my daughter.

I have no idea what I'm getting my brother and sisters. Or my parents.

Kudos to you Ereks, for saving up for Christmas shopping! :thumbup:

Thank you! I've never done that before, so I guess I'm just not used to it yet. :001_smile: I haven't saved a lot, but any is more than I am usually able to save. This school year, I've been doing some tutoring, and I've made myself save almost all of what I've earned so we would have some money for Christmas. But I guess I'm still in the mode of doing it at the last minute like we usually do. :tongue_smilie: