Menu

Saw The Dentist

*sigh*

Long story short, he wants to remove all the teeth on the upper, and get a top set of dentures. That info cost me over $200, after the benefits were taken off.

The dentures are 50% covered, so will 'only' cost me around $500.

They're running the procedure (general anesthetic, number of extractions) by my insurance company to find out how much its going to be covered. Considering what it cost to get Tazzie's teeth fixed, I'm guessing I'll probably be left with $2000 to pony up with.

Did I mention this dentist doesn't do payment plans? Because I need to be put under, it severely restricts my choices.

:crying:

*sigh*

Long story short, he wants to remove all the teeth on the upper, and get a top set of dentures. That info cost me over $200, after the benefits were taken off.

The dentures are 50% covered, so will 'only' cost me around $500.

They're running the procedure (general anesthetic, number of extractions) by my insurance company to find out how much its going to be covered. Considering what it cost to get Tazzie's teeth fixed, I'm guessing I'll probably be left with $2000 to pony up with.

Did I mention this dentist doesn't do payment plans? Because I need to be put under, it severely restricts my choices.

:crying:

Oh, my goodness!

I thought it was just one tooth?!

You mean all your top teeth? I am so sorry!

Oh, Imp -- I know a different outcome would have been so much better. So, here is my funny (and stupid) question for the day:

You don't happen to be within a reasonable of a Dental School do you? Sometimes the work can be done at a dental school for a fraction of the cost? Sorry I have nothing better to offer.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Mariann, I do have a dental school...but they don't do general anesthetic.

And yes, the problem is with one tooth...but he told me that to knock me out and take out that one, I'd be back in a cpl of months for another...then another...then another. The roots are apparently bad on them. He said he *might* be able to save 2 of them, but it would be a waste of money because with the meds I'm on, they'd eventually fall apart too.

Mariann, I do have a dental school...but they don't do general anesthetic.

And yes, the problem is with one tooth...but he told me that to knock me out and take out that one, I'd be back in a cpl of months for another...then another...then another. The roots are apparently bad on them. He said he *might* be able to save 2 of them, but it would be a waste of money because with the meds I'm on, they'd eventually fall apart too.

:grouphug:I am just so sorry -- it so totally sucks. I'm praying for you.

I can't sue the individual b/c of an inability on their part to formulate intent.

That, and they're basically covered by my employer.

Can I just say how much it ticks me off when ppl toss around numbers like $2500 as if its nothing? Just b/c you could afford it doesn't mean everyone has that capability. Aimed at the dentist I saw today, of course. He said I could get the work done by Christmas, I'd just have to wait for the dentures to be made first. Yeah, thats the *only* consideration here. :glare:

I can't sue the individual b/c of an inability on their part to formulate intent.

That, and they're basically covered by my employer.

Can I just say how much it ticks me off when ppl toss around numbers like $2500 as if its nothing? Just b/c you could afford it doesn't mean everyone has that capability. Aimed at the dentist I saw today, of course. He said I could get the work done by Christmas, I'd just have to wait for the dentures to be made first. Yeah, thats the *only* consideration here. :glare:

We have the same problems here. I still feel sick when I get a bill for over 200.