Menu

MCT Users only! Satisfy my curiosity....

radiobrain

MCT users only... Multipule choice  

1. 1. MCT users only... Multipule choice

• Elementary levels (Island, Town, Voyage)
    • Upper levels (www, ml, aaw)
    • First time user
    • old pro (more than one year)
    • I use: All Components
    • I use: one or some components
    • We LOVE MCT!!!!
    • We like MCT a lot, but not quite at groupie status
    • We are in the middle of the road
    • We don't fancy it as much as others

I TOTALLY SCREWED IT UP!!!!

Will attempt again

sorry!

Ahem, Just want to remind you that you told me if you ever had, errrr, I don't know, 4000 or 5000 posts, Mer or I should smack you, :toetap05:, well, maybe a few more posts and you'd be able to handle this Poll thing.

;)

You know I am only kidding, right?:001_wub:

PS -- I am sitting at the MCT booth again next summer.:hurray:

That's me who voted. Yeah, poll not working well -- We are in two levels, using what we like. DD11 (www, etc) is taking an IEW writing class and for right now, that is working really well for us as she has been doing IEW since 2nd grade.

Oh, and, if you want to drive the Hummer, you have to fix the poll.:driving:

I'm a first time use of MCT using Island (going to be getting into Town after January) this year. I use all components of the basic set along with ideas from Classics in the Classroom and a whole bunch of poetry writing books that I purchased from RFWP when I ordered my MCT. We love it and will continue with the program for as long as we continue to love it. ;)

I'm a first time user of MCT using Island this year. I use all components of the basic set. We have added SL 2adv readers, more poetry, our own memory work and several ideas from Winston Grammar. We have also divided out the work over 36 weeks and by doing this we are approaching it with a sort of CM thinking. We do plan to use MCT again next year. We like MCT a lot, but not quite at groupie status.

HTH-

Mandy

We just started island level. We are doing the grammar and poetry right now which the kids LOVE, and then once done that will do the vocab and writing, and practice book. They are still doing R&S grammar, orally and on the white board, and wwe for writing at this point, oh and harp & laurel wreath for further poetry/memory work. I think we have found a good balance of everything and the kids are enjoying it, so I think we will continue on with the next level when we are done with island level.

We started "town" back in January. We have finished Grammar Town, Paragraph Town (though I will probably go through this a 2nd time quickly hitting the highlights prior to using Essay Voyage), and Building Poems. We're finishing up Caesar's English 1 and Practice Town (also using Evan-Moor Daily Editing Practice Grade 4 and Wordsmith Apprentice).

As soon as we finish CE1, I'm planning on continuing on to CE2. The other components I'm waiting on until my DD is ready to tackle the writing in EV.

I have a love/hate relationship with MCT and I'm not sure I'll continue on with the middle-school level materials. One of the major things I like is the "story" aspect, and that's not in the upper levels. I also love, love, love CE but am not so crazy about what I've seen of WwW.

I do plan on using the elementary levels with my younger children once they're ready for them.

We are first-time users, here. DS8 is in the Island series, and we are using the whole set. Finished Grammar, in the middle of Sentence Island and Music of the Hemispheres and he's doing wonderfully with the practice sentences. I would say that we both love it, but I'm not a groupie (honestly, the email list kind of drives me nuts...I'm thrilled with the new bulletin board format for that!). :)

I can not get the poll to work, but here is my info: (!)

We love MCT

We are using the elementary level

We use all components

This is our second year using the program

Krista

Me too, same answers!

My daughter loves it all but the poetry, I think the poetry is great, I am learning things from it.