Menu

Let's just recap the past week, shall we?

Tuesday: had a nuclear stress test and failed it (I knew I should have studied. :glare: )

Wednesday: told I needed to have a heart catheter and possibly a stent. (Immediately went in to worst-case-scenario-panic mode)

Friday: had heart cath (which turned out to be ok, no stent needed)

Today: needle biopsy of two lumps found in a mammo (doctor says one lump was a cyst; the other is going in for pathology but she's sure it's benign)

During all this, we still managed to get school done.

I'm exhausted. Can I just sleep now?

Yes, please do take a nap.

So the heart - are you ok? Do you need to do lifestyle changes or take medicine?

Yes, I'll be fine. I've already started some lifestyle changes (joined WW about 10 weeks ago) and as soon as I have my follow-up appt with the cardio next week, I'll get the lowdown on what exercise he wants me to do, as well as aspirin treatment.

My internist says when I've lost a bit more weight, I can come off the bp meds, so that's good. I'm headed in the right direction, and both doctors are happy with my progress.

Thanks for asking. :001_smile:

Tuesday: had a nuclear stress test and failed it (I knew I should have studied. :glare: )

Wednesday: told I needed to have a heart catheter and possibly a stent. (Immediately went in to worst-case-scenario-panic mode)

Friday: had heart cath (which turned out to be ok, no stent needed)

Today: needle biopsy of two lumps found in a mammo (doctor says one lump was a cyst; the other is going in for pathology but she's sure it's benign)

During all this, we still managed to get school done.

I'm exhausted. Can I just sleep now?

:grouphug: Yes, take a nap.

Yes, I'll be fine. I've already started some lifestyle changes (joined WW about 10 weeks ago) and as soon as I have my follow-up appt with the cardio next week, I'll get the lowdown on what exercise he wants me to do, as well as aspirin treatment.

My internist says when I've lost a bit more weight, I can come off the bp meds, so that's good. I'm headed in the right direction, and both doctors are happy with my progress.

Thanks for asking. :001_smile:

:grouphug: Good for you, you're going in the right direction! And yes... you deserve that nap!

That's a lot to go through in a week. Sometimes it is best to plow on ahead when that kind of stuff is going on, ey?

:grouphug: But you just kept posting like nothing was going on...Yes, take more than a rest.

Posting regularly was what kept me from crying all the time, or eating bags of peanut M&M's, which I'm sure all doctors involved would have frowned upon.

Posting regularly was what kept me from crying all the time, or eating bags of peanut M&M's, which I'm sure all doctors involved would have frowned upon.

I was going to ask. I guess we don't what we're capable of until we are in the situation. You go, girl!:auto:

And the aspirin? That's usually for blood thinning issues, no?

So, what are you going to do to rest? Really rest, or watch a chick movie, or what?:)