Menu

Have you heard this song by Sanctus Real?

I really love that song too.

The lead singer for Sanctus Real, Matt Hammitt, and his wife just had their 3rd baby, a little boy who has a genetic heart condition. I've been following their blog, and I have been really impressed by their insights during this trial. http://bowensheart.com/ They sound like genuine people.

I'm the odd one, I guess...maybe hyper-critical, which is a flaw, I know.

This song raises my ire. He could have made the last verse so much more powerful by changing the words to reflect his own need for GOD to lead him, than for God to give him the strength to lead his own family.

Nit picking, I know...but the song is too partriarchical and self-centered for my tastes.

Don't hate me, please. :tongue_smilie:

I really love that song too.

The lead singer for Sanctus Real, Matt Hammitt, and his wife just had their 3rd baby, a little boy who has a genetic heart condition. I've been following their blog, and I have been really impressed by their insights during this trial. http://bowensheart.com/ They sound like genuine people.

I have also been following his blog. Their faith is amazing. They have been an encouragement to me.

This song raises my ire. He could have made the last verse so much more powerful by changing the words to reflect his own need for GOD to lead him, than for God to give him the strength to lead his own family.

Now see, that's what I thought he was doing - praying to God to be his leader.

No hate, it's all love and only love.

I loved it at first. But our local radio station plays it all.the.time. I do still like it but it's growing old unfortunately.

Our local station does that, too. They will play a song two -three times an hour, every day. The first week or two I usually love it, by the end of the month, not so much.

My DH jokes that the station owns maybe 25 songs at a time and they rotate those hourly.

Nit picking, I know...but the song is too partriarchical and self-centered for my tastes.

But he does end it saying "...'cause I can't do it alone".

Edited by CynthiaOK

It is beautiful...I can't get through the first verse without crying.

I was just perusing the board with *this* song running through my head! I particularly like the last verse in which he says "...'cause I can't do this alone". I cannot count the times I've prayed that same thing...I *cannot* do this myself (child rearing/teaching/wife-ing thing).

Our local station does that, too. They will play a song two -three times an hour, every day. The first week or two I usually love it, by the end of the month, not so much.

My DH jokes that the station owns maybe 25 songs at a time and they rotate those hourly.

:001_smile:We must live in the same city because our station does the exact same thing. I only listen about one week a month. After the first few days, I change stations until they find new songs.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

:iagree:I actually turn this off when it comes on the radio. I don't like being equated with the children in the family.

I really like that song too. If you haven't seen it, here is the story behind the song

I checked out the link and am so in love with Matt's heart. He is an awesome guy, husband and dad. His wife seems to be pretty cool, too.

That pic of her hands resting on his with her pregnant belly in the middle was amazing.

This is the kind of marriage I want for my children.

Here are the last few stanzas of the song...

So Father, give me the strength

To be everything I'm called to be

Oh, Father, show me the way

To lead them

Won't You lead me?

To lead them with strong hands

To stand up when they can't

Don't want to leave them hungry for love,

Chasing things that I could give up

I'll show them I'm willing to fight

And give them the best of my life

So we can call this our home