Menu

What would you wear to a "beach casual" wedding in October?

My oldest step dd is getting married in October in North Carolina. Although the wedding will not take place ON the beach, it will be outdoors. She does not want a big fuss. It will be small and casual with mainly immediate family and a few close friends.

She has told me let the kids wear jeans, shorts if it is warm enough. Her invitations state dress as "beach casual". Dh's ex will be there of course. LOL

To put it bluntly... I want to look really nice. :) I've got some nice shorts and sleeveless blouses that I feel great in, IF it is warm enough. But it IS a wedding, maybe a skirt instead of shorts??? She'll have photos made with me,as I have been a very significant "second" mom for her.

So, What would you wear to an October beach casual wedding??? Is linen the wrong fabric for a fall wedding?

capris?

Dress shorts?

Honestly, the best look is the one that makes you feel good. Instead of impressing people with the "look", get something YOU feel pretty in (or classy or rich or skinny---whatever). Once your mental state is glowing, others will see that and be impressed. I think comforable for the event is good too. We told people to wear shorts at our wedding and those that didn't, couldn't do the activities and looked out of place and uncomfotable (but dressed well)

Lara

Definitely a sundress or a nice skirt. Get some new strappy sandals to go with it. I just looked at the links that Mungo posted - get the Victoria's Secret one!!!! I bought one like that from Ann Taylor a while ago. I've worn it everywhere!!! It can be dressed up or down.

We were just at an outdoor casual wedding a month ago. The invite said, "Shoes optional!" We were all SO confused as to what to wear. My boys ended up in cargo shorts, oxfords, ties, and flip flops. They all loosened their ties for the reception and dancing. They looked GREAT!

The mother of the bride wore a cute sundress.

October is funny in NC and especially at the beaches. It can be nice like low 70's but it can also be windy and it's been known to go to the upper 50's that time of year even in the eastern NC area. If you wear something I would wear something that is short sleeved. I'd also bring a shawl or shrug so if it is cold the day of the wedding you will have something additional to put on. Also be forewarned that it gets cold at night (at least for me). I've known it to get into the low 50's upper 40's some years. I think I would get one of those nice broom skirts and a pretty short sleeve shirt to go with it and then a nice pair of flat sandals.

What is the bride wearing? If she is in jeans you don't want to outshine her by wearing a dressy dress. If she is in a dress, wear something complimentary and just down a notch.

If possible, wear a summer dress with flat, stappy sandals.

I would also wear some sort of bike shorts or something underneath the dress, in case it's windy. Maybe take a white, light sweater if it gets chilly as the sun goes down.

Take the shorts and sweater with you when you buy the dress to be sure it all works.

My oldest step dd is getting married in October in North Carolina. Although the wedding will not take place ON the beach, it will be outdoors. She does not want a big fuss. It will be small and casual with mainly immediate family and a few close friends.

She has told me let the kids wear jeans, shorts if it is warm enough. Her invitations state dress as "beach casual". Dh's ex will be there of course. LOL

To put it bluntly... I want to look really nice. :) I've got some nice shorts and sleeveless blouses that I feel great in, IF it is warm enough. But it IS a wedding, maybe a skirt instead of shorts??? She'll have photos made with me,as I have been a very significant "second" mom for her.

So, What would you wear to an October beach casual wedding??? Is linen the wrong fabric for a fall wedding?

I would wear a dress or long skirt. When in October? It could be warm or cool, depending on the weather/time of month. You might want to consider some type of wrap that you could wear over a dress or top to keep the chill off.

The bride is wearing a wedding gown. A simple one with flip flops or flats for shoes. I don't know what groom is wearing. The attendents are wearing whatever they choose.

The wedding is mid October, so I do need a sweater or a wrap. So, shorts and sleeveless probably is not the best choice.

I'm thinking maybe capri pants with a matching jacket ??? Duh, I don't know...... I also have no $$. We do have some great Goodwill stores here though..... I just need to go shopping. I don't have anything in my closet that would make me feel GREAT.