Menu

My family could use your prayers, Please?

My cousin's body was found early this morning in mysterious circumstances. He was in his mid-twenties and his family is understandably very distraught. His mother had been trying to reach him for three-days without success, which was very unusual for him not to call her back. If you could say a prayer of peace for our family, I would appreciate it.

This is gong to be hard to deal with. I don't know how to explain it to the kids (because of the circumstances).

My aunt (my mom's sister and this cousin's grandmother) lost another grandson just few years ago in a car wreck.

Today is Ella's third birthday and we are supposed to celebrate with my mom and dad tonight. They are with my cousin's family now so I am not sure what we will do, which is fine, I don't feel much like celebrating either.

Prayers are with your family! You can postpone your daughter's celebration if it's too hard on your parents...or it might be therapeutic for your family to celebrate this day with her to remind us of how precious moments are with family...a 3 year old's birthday is cherished!!

:grouphug:

Tara

I am forwarding this to my dd who is a bit miffed at me right now beause I sent security up to her dorm this afternoon after trying to contact her since last night. She was sleeping and had her phone all the way down....but I was scared stiff!!

I am so sorry for you and your family. I hope you find out what happened and peace comes your way.

Thinking and praying for you and yours

Faithe

Today is Ella's third birthday and we are supposed to celebrate with my mom and dad tonight. They are with my cousin's family now so I am not sure what we will do, which is fine, I don't feel much like celebrating either.

:grouphug: Can you put off the party? If she has been anticipating the gifts, maybe some today and a trip to her favourite park. Have a party with the pics later?:grouphug: Life is so short. The 9 year old can perhaps hear some truth about how bad things can happen....:grouphug:

Thanks so much to everyone who posted. I know some people think it's weird but it really does help to know that someone else out there said a pray for our family today.

It wasn't really a "party" for DD, just dinner and cake at my parents' house with just them, the kids, DH & me. Mom really wanted us to go ahead and come so we did; she was really the one I was the most worried about. Plus this is the first time that DD has talked about her birthday before hand. For a few weeks she has been picking out things when we go to the store and saying "I want that for my birthday." All week the older kids have been coaching her about her birthday being Saturday, I think they were as excited as she was. I didn't feel like we could put it off. We are doing a "party" later at Great Wolf.

I did talk to DS some about it. My cousin was no saint and he had made some bad choices. He has tried several times to leave that life behind and would succeed for a while but then he would slip back into it. I am not saying that he deserved what happened, but that when he made the choice to be around the type of people he was with, bad things happen. DS and I talked about that part of it and why it is important to choose your friends carefully and why it is important to say no when someone offers you drugs (I even told him that it will be a "when" and not an "if" because at some point in his life, someone will offer it to him). I just pray he listens and I hugged them a little tighter today.

The police did say that it was foul play and they are investigating. Hopefully they will be able to find the people who did this so they don't continue to hurt others.

I am still really grappling with all the details. Thanks again for continued prayers.