Menu

Wii... does anyone regret buying it?

I admit it; I am not a videogame person. Thus why the only videogames we have are a ColecoVision that is packed in a box, and has been for years. It was a gift from the ILs, for my dh a number of years ago, and after about 2 weeks we were done with it. He enjoyed it as a kid, but the novelty had worn off.

Now, I *know* that the Wii is very different. But, does the novelty wear off?

We got ours 2 years ago and no, the novelty definitely hasn't worn off. We periodically get new games though. The thing I like about the Wii is how multiplayer games work. I prefer it considerably more than the Nintendo DSI which only comes out for road trips generally.

In my experience, YES. The novelty definitely wears off, and it doesn't really take that long to wear off, either. I don't have any objections to the Wii itself, nor the games we've got, but I think we're just not a big gaming family. It doesn't do anything for us exercise-wise, because we all have said we'd rather actually go outside and go ski, or snowboard, or go bowling, or some other thing.

I know people who absolutely love it and families who play all the time, but it just doesn't do it for our family. I think the only times it ever gets used anymore is when ds has a friend over and the friend asks to play something.

• 3 months later...

We've had a Wii, Xbox, and another Xbox...now we have NONE!! The negatives outweighed the positives...now we're finding the same with the computer! Apps/Angry Birds/etc...all take us (including me!) off of being as productive/focused on the things we should be....so in our house, while we probably spent thousands on all the games/junk that went with them..I wish we could get those $$ back...and the time!

We have a Wii and an x-box kinex. They both get used 'too much' by most WTM standards but, to be fair, my son is in a wheelchair and THIS is his favorite entertainment. We do have an extensive game collection.

If I had to recommend one system, I'd go with the kinex. You don't need a controller for the movement games, and Dance Central (the one game that is MINE) is awesome. It also sounds silly, but I think it's very cool to say "XBox, pause." when I want to pause my Netflix movie :D