Menu

Dragon Rider?

Oh, no, don't goodwill it! My dc love it, especially the audio version read by Brendan Fraser. FWIW, there are WAY more conservative people than I in my circle of acquaintance who loved it as well. I don't think there's anything objectionable in it, unless you object to dragons on principle. :)

Oh, no, don't goodwill it! My dc love it, especially the audio version read by Brendan Fraser. FWIW, there are WAY more conservative people than I in my circle of acquaintance who loved it as well. I don't think there's anything objectionable in it, unless you object to dragons on principle. :)

Thanks!

We liked it. DS read it when he was younger. It played an influential part in the name he chose for our homeschool and the name I call him, Dragon Rider.

As a matter of fact when I saw the name of this thread my first thought was "What does she want with my son? Maybe to congratulate him on his Life Scout rank?" (Silly me!!)

It is a fun book. I have enjoyed all of Cornelia Funke's stories.

I agree, it's a great read-aloud, but as good as I am I couldn't do as good a job as Brendan Fraser...that was one of our books we listened to on a beach road trip...my kids NEVER asked how much longer...and we went everywhere looking for the sequel at all the Cracker Barrel's on the way home! :)

Oh, and I'm really a snob when it comes to literature, this one slips by my radar! :)

Tara

I enjoyed this book very much! I have the audio version read by Brendan Frasier and it's really good. Not my favorite Cornelia Funke book, but worth a read. I didn't find anything objectionable about it. I don't think she puts forward any odd religious ideas or anything like that. Nothing gross, graphic or otherwise icky.

If you must get rid of it, send it to ME. :lol: