Menu

I need an easy guacamole recipe

Avocados, a few chopped onions, a few chopped tomatoes, a bit of garlic salt, a bit of lemon or lime juice, from a real lemon or lime is best but fake will work in a pinch.

Trader Joe's has a really yummy pre-made one, it comes in a little square packet. It freezes well, too. Your more upscale grocery stores also have decent ones in a little tub, generally.

Avocados, a few chopped onions, a few chopped tomatoes, a bit of garlic salt, a bit of lemon or lime juice, from a real lemon or lime is best but fake will work in a pinch.

Trader Joe's has a really yummy pre-made one, it comes in a little square packet. It freezes well, too. Your more upscale grocery stores also have decent ones in a little tub, generally.

That sounds easy enough. How many avocados? We don't really have any upscale grocery stores around here. We have Ingles. :001_smile: I would rather make it myself. Thank you!

I get a lot of compliments on my guacamole and it couldn't be easier to make:D. I don't measure, but all you need to do is mash a couple avacados, add a bit of your favorite salsa, a squirt of lemon, a bit of salt and pepper and stir. Be careful not to overdo it with the salsa. Yum!

If I want it really easy, I just buy a little container of pico de gallo in the produce section then mix that with 3-4 chopped/mashed avocados and a pinch of sea salt and lime juice.

So basically, like Elizabeth said, it's tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, avocado, a little salt and maybe a bit of chopped jalapeno.

That sounds easy enough. How many avocados? We don't really have any upscale grocery stores around here. We have Ingles. :001_smile: I would rather make it myself. Thank you!

It is easy!

About one avocado per person if they are small, 1/2 avocado per person for the large ones.

When I can't get ripe avocados, I buy premade at Safeway. It's in the refrigerated section near the deli with you find the fresh pastas, alfredo sauce, and deli meats/cheeses.

When I make guacamole at home, I toss a little of this or that in it, so I can't give an exact recipe. I use:

about 1 T of finely minced onion

about 2-3 T of diced tomato

1 small pressed clove of garlic

two ripe avocados

a tiny bit of jalepeno to taste

a few dashes of ground cumin

pepper to taste

salt to taste

lime juice to taste

I use my Tupperware quick chef (manual food processor) to mix it all up well. I like my guacamole with a bit more salt and lime. It seems like a lot when I'm putting it in, but it tastes better to me and everyone seems to like it.

3 avocadoes, peeled and pitted

2 1/2 Tbsp bottled lime juice

1 tsp kosher salt (I think kosher really makes a difference, but you can use regular table salt if that's all you have)

1/2 cup diced onion

1 Tbsp dried cilantro (or 3 Tbsp fresh if you have it, which I never do!)

2 Roma tomatoes

2 cloves garlic, minced

cayenne pepper to taste

My kids won't eat it if it's chunky, so I throw all the ingredients in the food processor and pulverize it until it's nice and smooth.

I use these exact ingredients, BUT I use salt and more than a bit of fresh minced garlic, and I also add Cumin and red chili pepper flakes (or Cayenne, Tobasco sauce, or whatever I have on hand) to give it a kick. The level of spiciness is totally optional.

BTW, this combination of ingredients is the authentic version of Guacamole. I learned it from a Mexican chef in a homestyle restaurant many years ago. My kids have been raised on the stuff.

Enjoy!

Lucinda

So basically, like Elizabeth said, it's tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, avocado, a little salt and maybe a bit of chopped jalapeno.

Scoop out and mash up a large ripe avocado (or a few) with a fork. Sprinkle in some salt (I can't remember whether or not they use black pepper) and squeeze in a squirt or so of fresh lime juice (to taste). Stir in finely chopped seeded tomatoes, red onions, jalepenos and cilantro, maybe a teaspoon each or to taste.

But when I'm in a hurry, I usually do my 2-step guacamole with a spoonful of salsa and some salt.

HTH!

I agree with the person that said guacamole is a combination of a good pico de gallo and avacado. If you can get those two things at a grocery store, you are set. Just add lime juice and salt to taste. If you can't find pico de gallo freshly made, you can make your own. I really like the recipe at the Pioneer Woman's blog.