Menu

A gentleman stranger

approached my ds10 and I at the library today...I was carrying a pizza box and ds was carrying a pile of books. This friendly gentleman stranger asked ds, "who has the biggest treasure--the person holding the pizza or the person holding the books?" Ds replied, "of course it is the person carrying the books--pizza just goes in one end and out the other-- books can grab a hold of your soul and you carry them with your forever."

I was floored by his response. I love that kid! :D When I was his age- I never would have talked to the stranger--and/or -- be able to have that quick of a response.

Just wanted to share--have a fabulous day!

So I tried the scenario on my dc.

Ds: The one w/ the books has the better treasure. He's probably got a book on how to make *more* pizza.

Dd: The one w/ the pizza. Ya gotta eat. :lol:

:lol:Love it!

I will be asking my ds21 when he comes home from work. He will probably just say pizza--with no explanation.:lol:

Wow! What a cool response! It's wonderful to get that kind of affirmation that what you are doing is somehow sinking in, isn't it?

Thank you for saying that!:grouphug:

This is huge for me--It is great to hear--occasionally--that I must be doing something right!

Edited by mammaruss