Menu

Weekend Warriors - What's your project this weekend?

I'm going to finish my spring planting this weekend, although it's supposed to be around 95 F here today. I have a whole batch of little baby plants from Bluestone Perennials, and there is no shortage of weeding, deadheading 50 rose bushes, watering, filling bird feeders, etc. I have a big yard!

I also want to get the weekly house cleaning all done this weekend so I don't have to worry about it during the week.

Wish me luck!

Michelle T

My weekend is almost over (we have a Fri-Sat weekend), and I have mostly finished my project for the weekend. Dh and I are book hoarders, so we have books everywhere. I had my homeschool books and materials in the living/dining room and we schooled at the dining room table. But we decided it looked too cluttery all the time, it was difficult to have guests and all trying to keep that area looking tidy. So, we decided to switch the homeschool books with our religious books from the basement library. Hauling loads of books up and down the stairs, lol.

Dh's job was to organize the books upstairs, and mine was to organize the homeschool stuff, plus I then had to resort and shift all our additional books in the basement (history, foreign lang, etc.) I *finally* finished the books, although I do still need to decide how to organize some of my homeschool stuff (paper, paints, glue, etc.). But at least we can invite in the occasional drop-by guest (as long as we keep him/her upstairs, lol).

Mine is just to get through the weekend. The girls have their piano recital on Sunday, and Monday I'm taking them to visit grandparents and cousins and such. My mother's husband died a couple of months ago, and things have slowed down enough that I think she's getting depressed. We're going to go annoy her for a bit while dh and the boys hold down the ranch.

The boys are painting the bars of the suspended ceiling so they can put new tiles up. That, of course, becomes a project for the whole family. LOL Just TRY cooking around that! LOL

My biggest project is trying to sell school books and a huge amount of Stampin' Up stampers for a friend. (How does one acquire 219 stampers and then not use many of them??)

Mary

- planting annuals in my *new to me* yard -- this is fun!

- digging up crab grass and weeds and planting grass sod in the bare spots --this is not fun!

- taxes -- almost there. It'll be fun when the check arrives...

- sewing -- dd has a 70s themed spring banquet tonight; I need to fit her dress a bit, add some darts so it's not quite such a bag on her. I couldn't believe we found a dress at Ross for $20 that actually looked like something from the 70s but was cute on her! God is good!

Off to finish watering in the grass sod pieces.

We are all really sick with yucky spring colds that have the lovely week long headache associated with them, so I am not sure how much I will actually get done, but my plans are:

1. Weed the front section of our new white picket fence and plant my viney seeds along it.

2. Keep going on the decluttering of the studio.

3. Post photos on the blog of numbers 1. and 2.

4. Try not to hack up a lung.

:tongue_smilie:

Paypalling vast sums to holders of the vacation rentals we are using in June (next month's Visa bill should be a killer!!! :willy_nilly: ) and baking a sponge cake, printing out more Trail Guide to World Geography (intermediate) worksheets for dd (we start Africa Monday), and more hiding away from people to read my mystery book. Maybe bravely let ds get some more time on his learner permit whilst I try to stay "cool" and not panic or talk at him too much :auto: