Menu

Ordered my ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ!!

Pronounced Ab-ka-def-ki-jeckyl-mmm-nop-ker-stoov-wix-ez. Best comprehensive gobbledygook program ever! I cannot overstate the importance of a comprehensive gobbledygook foundation.

Don't you love the way some of our program abbreviations look in print? To the untrained eye (or un-Well-Trained, anyway) it must look like we've all completely lost our minds.

Pronounced Ab-ka-def-ki-jeckyl-mmm-nop-ker-stoov-wix-ez. Best comprehensive gobbledygook program ever! I cannot overstate the importance of a comprehensive gobbledygook foundation.

Don't you love the way some of our program abbreviations look in print? To the untrained eye (or un-Well-Trained, anyway) it must look like we've all completely lost our minds.

I don't know about the point of your post, but I learned how to pronounce Abdcefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz from the Snuffleupagus on Sesame Street. Just so you know. :D

I don't know about the point of your post, but I learned how to pronounce Abdcefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz from the Snuffleupagus on Sesame Street. Just so you know. :D

Actually, Big Bird was the first to coin the term. I still have the Original Cast Sesame Street Book and Record which contains his song!!

Actually, Big Bird was the first to coin the term. I still have the Original Cast Sesame Street Book and Record which contains his song!!

What? It was on Sesame Street? What year? Maybe I was singing something from my unconcious mind. And I thought I was so clever. Haroomph and Bah!

(I remember the doodle bug song from Sesame Street.)

What? It was on Sesame Street? What year? Maybe I was singing something from my unconcious mind. And I thought I was so clever. Haroomph and Bah!

(I remember the doodle bug song from Sesame Street.)

. I love this song. From the look of Big Bird, I think it was one of the first seasons, but don't know for sure.

And OP, I love your post! This forum isn't too bad for me (but dh would be utterly lost!), but I've been hanging on a cloth diaper forum a lot because I got rid of all our CDs after ds#3 potty trained, not expecting anymore, and it is completely a foreign language of abbreviations!

Bah! You're so right; I'm such a dweeb. Doesn't Big Bird sing it TO Snuffleupagus then? 'Cause I'm seeing Snuff in my mind when I sing the song.

<going to look at the link>

EDITED - NOPE, I *am* for most certainly a complete dweeb. No Snuffi in sight. :tongue_smilie:

Edited by milovaný

. I love this song. From the look of Big Bird, I think it was one of the first seasons, but don't know for sure.

I had to quit watching. I started singing it in my head. Then I realized that it was bad enough to have Raxacoricofallapatorius stuck in my head. I don't need Ab-ka-def-ki-jeckyl-mmm-nop-ker-stoov-wix-ez in there too. What if I started confusing them?

Compared to my dh's work emails and texts, this forum is nothing when it comes to acronyms.

As a newbie here (and sometimes even not as a newbie) it sure is confusing.

Newbie? Oh no, my Dear. You are not a newbie. You are fully integrated...:D

Compared to my dh's work emails and texts, this forum is nothing when it comes to acronyms.

Yep, I watched my dh send an email in which every other "word" was letters. Somebody's ABC had to be in compliance with the EFG according to XYZ regulations. :D

I'm not a newbie, and I still see some I don't know here and there. Sometimes because it's an area I don't pay attention to (such as when I saw HOD for a while,) and sometimes it's because someone used a "non-standard" abbreviation. :D

I didn't hear it when I was a kid...I had a friend in college whose dad worked for public radio, and she was obsessed with Sesame Street, to the point of it being a conceit. It kind of drove me crazy (like Prairie Dawn drives me crazy), but i retained the song.

Bah! You're so right; I'm such a dweeb. Doesn't Big Bird sing it TO Snuffleupagus then? 'Cause I'm seeing Snuff in my mind when I sing the song.

EDITED - NOPE, I *am* for most certainly a complete dweeb. No Snuffi in sight. :tongue_smilie:

I think there was an episode where Snuffy was there during the song... I vaguely remember snuffy trying to say it.

Well, there used to be a time when Snuffy was invisible to everyone but Big Bird and the viewers (I think he's visible to everyone on Sesame Street now?)

Maybe you can go with the story that before Snuffy made his debut on SS earlier than Season 3 (1971), Big Bird did not want to acknowledge him yet, because no one would believe him - But YOU knew he was there!!