Menu

So - what is your mid-morning pick-me-up snack???

I just had a bowl of warmed up spaghetti squash with arrabbiata sauce (tons of capers, chopped olives, tomatoes, red pepper flakes, anchovies - sounds a lot like puttanesca, in fact) and it was soooooo GOOOD!!!! My mouth is on fire and I am ready to face the rest of dd's schoolwork.

So - made me wonder what YOU snack on (if you do) as an early lunch....

Usually either baby carrots dipped in hummus, a Kashi granola bar, or some nuts. I am a grazer all day! If I eat too big of a lunch I get very sleepy in the afternoon.

I love spaghetti squash prepared the way you had it. If there were any leftovers I'd be surprised, and I'd be eating it!

Chocolate is always my first choice; especially for a snack. You know, I wouldn't want to get too full now would I? Chocolate M&Ms are never that filling; that's why I can eat a whole bag at once...
Yeah, I understand that one!

I especially love dark chocolate, and since it IS good for me, I buy the Trader Joe's wedges of dark chocolate (in little round tins). I will eat 1-2 when I am really needing a pick-me-up snack. I have also set a rule for myself that if I ever eat more than 2 wedges per day (which amounts to a half-serving), those treats stop. So far, it's worked well. I don't eat them every day, but they're a nice treat in a manageable portion when I want something.

ANYTHING! Typically an early lunch since I didn't get breakfast. If there are any cookies in the house, it's cookies and milk.

I HATE coffee outside of the cafe mocha from Starbucks...and I've been making some each day now or downing dh's leftovers...yuck! But it's keeping me going.