Menu

Gross - but it is summer - best remedies needed for dry, cracked, painful feet?

Vaseline & socks overnight. Magic.

Home-done pedicure next day involving a pedicure razor thingy and/or a great pumice stone. & Lots of lotion.

Repeat vaseline/socks as needed.

This. Thick lotion and socks overnight does the trick too if you don't have vaseline.

I do it with my hands also. (And yes, I use socks!!! lol.) I actually have a couple pairs of thick cotton socks that I use only for these nights.

In addition to using vaseline when my feet get really dry, I also use a pumice stone in the shower every morning and put Eucerine on them when I get out. I have horribly dry skin and have to be diligent with putting lotion on every morning and night if I want to keep my skin somewhat moist.

Sometimes, when I let my feet get really bad, I use one of those callus shavers after soaking my feet in warm water & epsom salt.

All of the above, plus I love my Ped-Egg. I find it easier to use and less scary than a true callus shaver. Foot soaks, too, before the Vaseline and sockover.

I sure miss living near the sandy beach, a regular walk was naturally exfoliating.

I just went to Zion National Park (think dry desert) and hiked in sock-free Keens. My feet are killing me - dry, split, etc. What is your secret to speedy recovery for gross summer feet?

Gold Bond Foot Cream is wonderful stuff. I use it after my shower, and wear sandals (or bare feet) all day, every day. My heels (which would normally be dry, cracked, bleeding even) are great! I have people ask me how I keep my heels from cracking, and I tell everyone "Gold Bond Foot Cream"!!!

I love that old fashioned foot soak.. hmm cant think of the name of it. It comes in an orange box and individual bags inside the box. Its like a really old product and been around for years. THe box is still "vintage" looking.

I love soaking my feet in that stuff its the best! Ill try and find out the name.. to be more helpful... :lol:

Vaseline and socks overnight is the best! I do it almost every night (all year long) and my feet are super soft and perfect for sandals. My grandmother did this (hands and feet) every night and I remember she had the most beautiful and soft hands.

If you also put your foot inside a plastic grocery bag and then the sock, you won't believe the difference. It's slippery to walk around in but that's just a great reason to turn in early and read!!;)