Menu

What kind of dog is this?

Just in case you're ovewhelmed by the cuteness, here's a site that talks about what terriers are bred for & gives an indication of their temperament.

http://www.terrierman.com/

dig, dig, dig, hunt, hunt, hunt, never give up, never give up, never give up..... :lol:

I grew up with a wirehaired fox terrier & she was wonderful but a handful. I have a malamute x gsd and an english setter now & I'm not sure if I'm up for a terrier again, though I kind of miss the craziness. There's a reason trainers call them terrors :D

dig, dig, dig, hunt, hunt, hunt, never give up, never give up, never give up..... :lol:

I grew up with a wirehaired fox terrier & she was wonderful but a handful. I have a malamute x gsd and an english setter now & I'm not sure if I'm up for a terrier again, though I kind of miss the craziness. There's a reason trainers call them terrors :D

I was kind of wondering how to say this gently myself :-)

I have a border terrier. He's sweet and friendly. And obsessive. And totally uncilivilized, despite 4 rounds of obedience classes and 2 years of agility training. Some terriers are move civilized than others, but be very careful you know what you are getting if you decide to get a JRT. They can be intense.

Just in case you're ovewhelmed by the cuteness, here's a site that talks about what terriers are bred for & gives an indication of their temperament.

LOL, as soon as the board identified the dogs, I read about them...not for us. lolol :D Cute, though!

LOL, as soon as the board identified the dogs, I read about them...not for us. lolol :D Cute, though!

I would have thought you a brave, brave soul if you'd decided to get one. :lol: I know I am not a terrier person. Labs, now, I can do. A nice golden retriever, perhaps. Not a terrier, though. I get enough challenges to my authority from my children.

If you're looking for a dog, have you tried your local shelter? You can give them a really detailed idea of what you do and don't want in a dog, and a good shelter will be able to give you some good matches. There may not be a dog there now, but they'll keep an eye out and let you know when there is. And if the dog is already grown, you won't have to worry about what he'll be like when he grow up. You'll know. :)

Jack Russells are sweet, funny, and energetic. My aunt & uncle have had them for years now. They found their first one. She was half-starved on the side of the road begging whenever she saw a car. She had just delivered a litter, but when my aunt tracked down the poor babies they were dead in the snow. Later they adopted a blind Jack Russell, and after he passed they adopted another from a rescue group. All of them have been high-energy, but lovable, sweet, great with kids, and never nippy like you'd expect with a smaller dog.

Our dog, Max, is shall we say interesting.

He is a terrier/dachshund mix, and I am sure that there is some cat mixed in.

I have a friend who breeds them. She will not let one go to a family with young children because they require so much attention and work to keep them busy and undestructive:lol:

That is the cutest little dog!!! He looks like he was put together with spare parts left over from other dogs :lol:

Jackie

:lol::lol::lol: He totally does!!! That's the oddest-looking and cutest little dog I've ever seen!!! I bet he's a sweetie pie!

You can't believe all the negative things you hear about Jack Russell Terriers. My sister and I both have JRT's and they do not live up to all the negative hype. I seriously have the best dog ever. My JRT is now 10 years old but we've had him since he was 8 weeks. He runs a few circles around the house when company arrives, but other than that, he's a normal dog. Actually kinda lazy LOL. He's smart as a whip too. He's come to understand everyday language and usually knows exactly what I'm telling him to do. I know I'll never have another dog as good as he is.

My sister's JRT is the same way except she's probably less exciteable than mine is at the sight of company. They are great dogs!

I love the breed so much I recently got DD6 a Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix.