Menu

Can you read this?

wats wrong with it is there a problem what didnt u like don't u like chickens i dont see what you are complaining abowt i don't git it am i missin somethin?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

What amazes is how much knowlege the educated must have, across an incredibly wide spectrum, to fathom that paragraph. I know what he is saying and I think I know what he is implying but LORD!what I needed to know to figure that out!

I am not sure if this applies to the person who posted the add or not. Years ago children had to quit school in order to work and support their family. I would think the youngest from that generation would be in their 60's or 70's. It wasn't talked about much when I was a kid, but there was a farmer who could not read or write, yet he owned a convience store and was not poor. I had a friend in school, her dad only had a third grade education. He had to quit school and take care of his family. I hope this trend stopped at some point. I can't be sure something similar did not apply to this person. They know how to use the internet, so this is really odd.

Yes. MLC, that is very true.

Anyone over 50 especially true.

Not to mention younger folks with various LD issues. My nephew's MySpace page is like reading a foreign language, but that is likely the best he can manage. He is very talented in other aspects though.

I saw the errors, but had no problem at all reading that ad.

What really gets me is when the ad is for someone advertising her services as a preschool/home daycare teacher. Poorly worded, poorly punctuated--and yet the ad often goes on and on saying how educational the home program is and how much she will teach your child.

This guy probably knows more about chickens and farming than anything else. He is probably grateful that he can spell the few words he can, and read as well as he can. It is a shame one of his younger relatives did not volunteer to help him place the ad.

As for preschool ads, I would run the other way.

This guy probably knows more about chickens and farming than anything else. He is probably grateful that he can spell the few words he can, and read as well as he can. It is a shame one of his younger relatives did not volunteer to help him place the ad.

As for preschool ads, I would run the other way.

I agree. When I see ads like this I am always inclined to say, "would you like me to write for you?" but wonder if it would sound offensive.

My cousin drew up a quote for me for signage years ago that read, "Cattering" for my catering business. :tongue_smilie:

I couldn't help but visualize a bunch of cats in chef's hats and aprons. :tongue_smilie:

Not only this, but he probably never learned to type. It looks to me like he was trying to type using just one or two fingers.

I feel sorry for him in regards to his education or lack of.