Menu

Follow up question. How do you expect your children to turn out?

I have hopes, but I try not to turn those into iron-clad expectations. "Man proposes, God disposes," and all that.

My hopes for my dd include a lively Christian faith, a college education, a loving spouse, and happy, healthy children. I'd be particularly pleased if she decided to educate them classically at home.

But since she's only 6, I recognize those as dreams of mine that may not actually be part of God's plan for my dd and that it's way too early to discern what her path in life may be. Right now I'm just trying to make sure she understands three-digit subtraction with regrouping. ;)

A Christ centered life. Everything else will fall into place.

I would love to be one of those grandmas who lives nearby and gets to bake goodies and give pony rides and have sleepovers and has a huge playground in her yard and takes hikes and fishing expeditions and plants gardens and picks flowers that shouldn't be picked and walks barefoot in the mud and squirts kids jumping on the trampoline with the hose and swings on the front porch swing.

We'll just have to wait and see.

by a great relationship and close proximity to both my parents and my in-laws. I really hope that I have this with my own kids and grandkids. Ultimately, if they love and follow the Lord I will be happy, but I sure hope that they love to be with me as much as I love to be with my parents.

That they have choice, not having to settle for just a job. To not have to struggle to keep house and home above life's waters. That they can follow their dreams, what ever they may be. To be able to travel, learn of other cultures, see the great wonders of the world, if they choose or not. I know, I'm not asking for too much am I. :tongue_smilie:

That they feel free to follow their inner calling, inner sense of direction, rather than any outer trappings of what society calls success. My hope is to give them a good enough education that they feel they can do anything they choose, and a good enough education that they have a broad vision of what is possible in their lives, even if they choose to live simple ones.

Guest Lorna

I hope they will still like me when they are adults!

Gosh, they came into this world so individual I have no idea.

I want them to have a life-long love of education, find wonderful spouses and have children (I am looking forward to being a doting grandmother). I would love if they could both have fulfilling careers but also be able to raise their children at home.

I hope that they are able to make a positive difference to the world and that their and their children's future is peaceful and not with the environmental problems that we seem to have left as a legacy.

First and foremost that he grows up to be a man of integrity. As a christian, I pray he grows up to love the Lord as well. I want him to understand that whatever profession he feels called to that it is possible. that he is unique and doesn't have to be like everyone else. I want him to have the ability to stand firm in his convictions and articulate why they are important to him.

I'm also teaching him that even at age 35, when he visits he must sit on his mother's lap and hug her.

I believe in aristocracy, though - if that is the right word, and

if a democrat may use it. Not an aristocracy of power, based upon

rank and influence, but an aristocracy of the sensitive, the considerate and the plucky. Its members are to be found in all

nations and classes, and all through the ages, and there is a secret

understanding between them when they meet. They represent

the true human tradition, the one permanent victory of our queer

race over cruelty and chaos. Thousands of them perish in

obscurity, a few are great names. They are sensitive for others

as well as for themselves, they are considerate without being

fussy, their pluck is not swankiness but the power to endure, and

they can take a joke.

I wish for him to have a strong relationship with God. I think that will bring him peace and confidence. I think that will lead him to find a like minded Christian wife. And I hope for him to have lots of babies (Ok, at least more than one). And I hope he can make enough money at a job he enjoys to support his family.

I desire each child to have a firm belief in Christ.

-loving spouses

-sweet, respectful children

-live in a world of peace

-have jobs they enjoy to pay for food, shelter, etc.

-healthy relationship with parents, siblings, and extended family

in addition:

-be well educated: university

-well paying career (if led that direction)

-physically fit

-able to find humor in life

Guest Virginia Dawn

I expect them to become mature independent adults. I hope they become thoughtful, caring, and honest people.

I pray that they will become Christians and marry people who will be loving and faithful.