Menu

s/o sign thread: Funny housing development names?

There was a new development being advertised in India called --- MILDEW!!! I can't even imagine what they were trying to convey with that name - someplace warm and damp? I will never forget the full page add offering the chance to buy into MILDEW!

There was a new development being advertised in India called --- MILDEW!!! I can't even imagine what they were trying to convey with that name - someplace warm and damp? I will never forget the full page add offering the chance to buy into MILDEW!

Doesn't some city planner or someone have any say in these matters? How do these things pass through? Gah!

Guest Cindie2dds
There's a subdivision near us called Peter's Creek. I'm sorry....I can't drive by it without snickering. Dirty mind, I know LOL!

My first rental when I moved out of my parents' home was in a subdivision named 'Beaver Hill'.

The next town over from ours is Morehead City. Egads.

:lol::lol::lol:

I used to live in Belgrade MT and lived in Henson Subdivision (as in Jim Henson). Some of the streets were Kermit Ct (where we lived), Bert St, Ernie St, and Happy St.

LOL! :D

Growing up I had a friend who lived in a subdivision, I can't recall the name, but the streets all had Robin Hood-themed names!

LOL! :D

Growing up I had a friend who lived in a subdivision, I can't recall the name, but the streets all had Robin Hood-themed names!

I think every city I've ever lived in has had a Sherwood Forest, or something similar, with Robin Hood inspired street names. The sincerest form of flattery, I guess. :001_huh:

We lived in one with Louisiana/Cajun names. We lived on Zydeco St. I would constantly have to correct from zuh-decco pronunciations. I would say "zie-deco, you know, like the music?":001_huh: Then there was Kissatchie St, Thibodeaux Trail. It was a nightmare to explain to a poor customer service rep on the phone!

There's a Cadillac Estates south of here, and it's a REALLY bad mobile home park in the middle of the desert...think "My Name Is Earl" bad.

I also remember a subdivision up in the Seattle area called Valhalla. It had this REALLY huge imposing sign. But I don't think I would want to live somewhere named after the DEAD Viking warrior's feast hall.

Edited by BikeBookBread