Menu

I just met my first fairly hardcore anti-homeschooler...at a homeschool BD party!

She told me it was "okay" for me to hs because "you have the IQ to do it", and, when asked which ones were mine, I pointed at my singleton. She said "oh, someone who doesn't have 7" sarcastically.

I didn't have any beandip, so I told her some mildly scandalous thing about myself, and she changed places with her husband. :)

She was grandma to the birthday boy.

I didn't have any beandip, so I told her some mildly scandalous thing about myself, and she changed places with her husband. :)

Don't you love when that happens? It's such a relief when they stop talking to you. I hate it when I have to ratchet it up several times before they take the hint.

My dh suggests that you might mention you homeschool in order to instill the lost art of civility that seems to have disappeared from every other quarter. :001_smile:

:lol: Excellent response. Also to instill the art of thinking for oneself instead of following a certain crowd...

Yes, scandal please. I'd be the one leaning in to hear more, not moving away! :lol:

NOW would you be leaning in closer?!:lol:

That's hysterical, kalanamak! Is she doing this AMA or with your blessings?

Unless you're the one doing the drinking, that's not about you!

Jean, Jean, I have spent years telling people where I work (you know where I work) and it is followed by a certain pause, and then "it takes a special person to work there", and the subject is changed. When one pulls out of the drive, the cross-traffic, waiting at the light stares at you, like only people a few brinks short of a load work there. I know that is what they are thinking, because I thought the same thing, back in college.

Well, okay. I currently have a patient who is trying to cure her gall bladder issues by drinking her own urine. :D

Said over cake.

I SINCERELY hope that she was drinking a Mountain Dew when you said this!

Btw, I don't know what your REAL name is (and I'm not asking to you say!), but I always read your screen name as: "Kuh-LANNA-Mack". :001_smile:

Jean, Jean, I have spent years telling people where I work (you know where I work) and it is followed by a certain pause, and then "it takes a special person to work there", and the subject is changed. When one pulls out of the drive, the cross-traffic, waiting at the light stares at you, like only people a few brinks short of a load work there. I know that is what they are thinking, because I thought the same thing, back in college.

Don't worry, I know you have a full load of bricks!

Well, okay. I currently have a patient who is trying to cure her gall bladder issues by drinking her own urine. :D

Said over cake.

You know, Kalanamak, I was really looking forward to meeting you at the next rumored WTM get together in your area. Now, I just don't know. I mean scandal is one thing, but your choice of topics for polite conversation is another. It's probably more than my pure-as-the-driven snow mind can handle.;)

BTW, I would love to have seen the look on her face. Ds and I just read yesterday that it was a common practice in ancient Rome. Yum.

I currently have a patient who is trying to cure her gall bladder issues by drinking her own urine. :D

:lol: I simply must pass this one on to DH. He will love it. Although, he's a nervous wreck at the moment, as he has to take his GI board exam on Thursday. I can't believe it's been 10 years...I feel old. Yes, it's all about me;)

I wonder if that particular "alternative treatment" will show up on the exam?:D

At least you're probably never bored at work...