Menu

Modesty is "in"

My 14 yo dd has had great luck finding modest clothing. Target has long tank tops that she wears under other tops that are getting too short. She's not alone in this- most of her friends go for more of a cute look (not their word!), and they think a lot of girls need to wear more clothing.

I think dd will stay far away from "Pure Fashion" though- I get the feeling there's a lot of pink involved.

My 14 yo dd has had great luck finding modest clothing. Target has long tank tops that she wears under other tops that are getting too short. She's not alone in this- most of her friends go for more of a cute look (not their word!), and they think a lot of girls need to wear more clothing.

I think dd will stay far away from "Pure Fashion" though- I get the feeling there's a lot of pink involved.

In NJ the "norm" seems to be tight v neck tees with padded, push-up bras worn with tight hip hugger jeans.

Yeah, I agree. Dd has always been a "cover it up" kinda girl. Nothing has changed. She's considerably more modest than our (fairly conservative) standards require. I've found the same to be true of the girls she hangs out with.