Menu

Please identify this breed/mix of dog

Those markings look like a beagle to me. Maybe a beagle/terrier mix? I am nowhere near an expert though.

So nice that you are trying so hard to find his/her family!

This is the 5th stray we've re-homed since we moved here! I think people drop their pets in our neighborhood because there are always so many children out playing around here.

Barb

He's cute as a button, isn't he? Poor thing was so starved and dehydrated he ate three leftover hamburgers and drank a quart and a half of water. Poor baby.

Barb

poor baby!!! He's SO cute! Thanks for taking care of him!!!

He looks an AWFUL lot like my rat terrier......

He doesn't look severely undernourished, but if you ever find one that does, food needs to be introduced VERY slowly, and usually you need to start out with bland food, like boiled chicken. This dog, however, isn't even close to the condition of severely undernourished, thankfully!

Can you keep him??? :001_smile:

poor baby!!! He's SO cute! Thanks for taking care of him!!!

He looks an AWFUL lot like my rat terrier......

He doesn't look severely undernourished, but if you ever find one that does, food needs to be introduced VERY slowly, and usually you need to start out with bland food, like boiled chicken. This dog, however, isn't even close to the condition of severely undernourished, thankfully!

Can you keep him??? :001_smile:

Um, I probably should have asked about this before I fed him :tongue_smilie: His stomach is a little weak, LOL

His coat is very dull and he's shedding a lot. But this is the desert and animals look travel-worn so fast out here. He plays fetch and climbs up the steps on our swingset playhouse, so he's obviously been a loved pet. I can't keep him because we already have two cats and we just really aren't dog people in the sense that I know my limitations. I like other people's dogs, but I kept a stray once before and lived to regret it.

And we may be looking at a move to Chicago this summer. I refuse to turn him into the shelter, however, so I may try to contact a rescue if I ever figure out what kind of dog he is!

Barb

This is the 5th stray we've re-homed since we moved here! I think people drop their pets in our neighborhood because there are always so many children out playing around here.

Barb

HOW SAD. And he's SO cute.

I've decided you have two choices: keep him or send him out to me. That's it. It's non-negotiable.

:D

I think JRT X for sure.

See this one http://dogs.y2u.co.uk/photo/RN_Dog_Jack_Russell_Terrier_Cross_Border_Collie.jpg

which is ID'd as a JRT x Border Collie

Oh & BTW, that tongue flick in the first picture means he's stressed and worried & trying to calm you & himself down.

thanks for taking him in & best wishes with finding him a great home!

I think JRT X for sure.

See this one http://dogs.y2u.co.uk/photo/RN_Dog_Jack_Russell_Terrier_Cross_Border_Collie.jpg

which is ID'd as a JRT x Border Collie

Oh & BTW, that tongue flick in the first picture means he's stressed and worried & trying to calm you & himself down.

I never would have known that! He's all curled up in a corner outside on the back porch. He's nervous like you said, but he hasn't made an aggressive move which is good. He seems well-tempered.

Barb

Looks like a Bluetick Coonhound - maybe mixed with beagle. Probably a hunting dog that got out, or maybe one who ran deer too often and the owner removed his collar hoping to "lose" him.

They make great pets!!! So what name have you come up with for him??? :D

On edit: Just read where you have two cats and can't keep him, but it's awesome that you're taking care of him and trying to find a home for him. Sounds like you've already got an interested party! :001_smile:

Edited by Teachin'Mine

Looks like a Bluetick Coonhound - maybe mixed with beagle. Probably a hunting dog that got out' date=' or maybe one who ran deer too often and the owner removed his collar hoping to "lose" him.

They make great pets!!! So what name have you come up with for him??? :D[/quote']

LOL, how'd you know we named him??

The little guys call him Connor. The big guys are calling him MacGregor. My husband calls him Hector. And I keep saying, "Stop naming the dog!"