Menu

Sid the Science Kid

Yes there is, it's called my kitchen lol We love Sid the science kid and my younger 2 want us to have a Math lab just like Sid's school does when we move into the new place.

That was my thought, it shows more of a homeschool situation than a real school. The teacher plans the lesson based on what a kid asks that day and there are only 4 kids there. Yup, sounds like a normal homeschool atmosphere to me.

Yes there is, it's called my kitchen lol We love Sid the science kid and my younger 2 want us to have a Math lab just like Sid's school does when we move into the new place.

DS6 and I did the "Bug Club" last year. Did you know there are printables on the PBS Kids website?

My kids love Sid, but I'm of two minds. They've learned a good amount of science watching it, but it drives me nuts that his parents tell him about the topic of the day and he doesn't believe them until Teacher Suzy teaches him. And I'm always having to tell my kiddos that school is not like that.

We really like the show. They did a two or three part episodes on simple machines that was great.

I like that after they look at something they pull out their journals and draw a picture or whatever.

We've been enjoying watching various pbs shows on pbskids.go

Fetch is another good sciency show.

And I'm always having to tell my kiddos that school is not like that.

No kidding! My 4yo watches Sid all the time and constantly tells me he wants to go to school just like Sid.:glare: And, I constantly tell him that school isn't really like that.;)

I found a great preschool for my kids. i would say its as good as Sid's although its in real life so the kids weren't so singing and happy all the time. My kids are all older now but I had kids there for years. The class size was 6-10, depending on enrollment. It was a private preschool at Teacher Donna's house. They cooked, played in her petting farm and playground, raised chickies, bunnies, and butterflies. When learning about space and the solar system they made a rocket out of a huge box and painted it and made planets out of clay a glazed them and a parent cooked them in a kiln for them. They performed plays for the parents. She even taught them to read if they were ready. They had journals too, just like Sid. There wasn't much science inquiry but still a lot of science information and projects.

It was a good school. Of course, it wasn't perfect, all fun and games and kids getting along all the time and stuff. There is nothing like the idealized version of school. We still see the teacher and families at the yearly pizza night reunion. :-) A lot of them homeschool now.