Menu

S/O - For those that "listen to read-alouds in the car," where do you get them?

I'm wondering the same thing. We're running out of items at the local library, and are branching out to others in our library district. I've also asked the library to consider purchasing specific titles (how can any library not have the Little House on the Prairie series?).

:bigear: for more ideas.

Erica in OR

We use the library. Our local library is iffy - at best - but they have some we can download from online. You can also look into joining a larger public library for a fee per year (I think NY system has a lot of Kindle books you can download). If you live near Cracker Barrel they also have a cool rental system that's very affordable.

we get almost all of ours from the library, but I have a few I couldn't resist and used my educators discount for.

We have a few Hank the Cowdog because our library only has a few and we've listened to them several times. I splurge on a new one every once in a while.

We have free Inter-library Loan, thankfully, plus our town and the surrounding towns ( where we can use our cards) are well-stocked.

I agree that talking a drive to the surrounding towns might be well worth-it if ILL is not available to you.

I have also found audio books at some thrift shops, namely Saver's.