Menu

Spring in the Upper Mid West is Mean

It's a beautiful 62 degrees here today. The windows are all open. The sky is sunny. The air is fresh and crisp and good. We walked the dog in jeans and t-shirts, sweatshirts tied around our waist, down the trail by the river today because it's clear now with only the occasional silly looking pile of snow to remind us of the winter. I just want to dig in all the garden dirt and plant seeds and rake the yard and wash the exterior windows and... But I can't because, darn it, I know it is going to snow again.

Grr. Putting the seeds in the pots and setting them in the windows of our dungeon-like basement to sprout just isn't cutting it!

Anyone else suffering through the trickery of Northern spring?

Well, here in the southwestern tip of Virginia it has been cloudy, drizzling and cold. Feels just like winter. blech.

Here in Northern Alabama it felt like winter, too. The skies were very low and the air was so damp I thought it was going to snow. :glare:

The poor local kids are all on Spring Break, too.... I feel bad for them having this horrid weather.

I'm so sick of winter!!!

We have had a few nice days lately and I loved them. I went outside without a jacket or sweatshirt and picked up the yard. I also wanted to dig in the dirt and enjoy it, yet the ground here is still froze in places. Also I know it will snow so many more times before our actual spring starts. I know the calendar date doesn't count when you live here. Spring for us will be closer to the end of April or early May.

Wisconsin here!

We spent about 3 hours outside yesterday, looking at all of our buds and tulips coming up. Today, we're going on a long nature walk-that's school for today. Tomorrow, probably more of the same. The dc have been riding their bikes every day. I want to get it all in before the yucky weekend.

Another Wisconsinites here and yes spring is hard. The kids have broken out their spring coats and when it gets cold and snows again they will fight me tooth and nail about putting those winter coats back on. They just don't understand that just because it feels like spring doesn't mean it really IS spring.