Menu

Deodorant for 7 year old dd?

Do you know of any natural, safe deodorants for kids? DD has been diagnosed with Precocious Puberty, and I have noticed some BO here in the last several weeks going along with everything else she is going through. She keeps asking to wear mine (I use Dove sensitive skin) but I would prefer her use something more natural. Anyone BTDT? :confused:

Oh my goodness. You mean my 9 yr old dd isn't the only one like this? For the past year I've noticed her needing deodorant. None of her sisters started using it until around 11; they just didn't need to. I've never heard of Tom's. I will have to check that out.

Wiping down with rubbing alcohol pads or soaked cotton balls each morning and after showering might do the trick.

This could be wickedly drying in a person with tender skin. I use Kiss My Face liquid crystal....lavender scent (Amazon stopped selling 6 packs of unscented). Very mild scent, no irritation on my tender red-head's skin. Works but not more than a day. Doesn't stain clothes, not sticky or flakey at all. I use the roll on.

This could be wickedly drying in a person with tender skin.

I don't think rubbing alcohol would work for us because of this...everyone in my house except for me has dealt with varying degrees of eczema, and I'm very careful what goes on their skin.

Thanks for the other suggestions...I will see what I can find and hopefully something will work well for her.

The Deodorant Stone (available at HiHealth and health food stores works really well here. Hope you find something soon that works well!

Don't know this brand, but perhaps it is an example of a "crystal-based" deodorant. This type works wonders ! Even DH is a convert. The "liquid crystal" products, however, seem non-operative. Only the solid crystal form.

My heart goes out to OP for this situation. My DD (turning 11 next week) had the same experience, when barely 8. I still am furious because it (PP) could have been prevented, had I known certain facts.