Menu

Ellen McHenry's "The Elements"...did you get the cd-rom or hardcopy???

Robin in DFW

I got the cd and am working on printing/organizing it this week. My only complaint is that some of the pages in the middle need to be on card stock. My original plan was just to take it to Staples and have them print and bind it for me, but since those middle pages need to be on different paper, it was just a pain so I am printing it myself. It's still a pain. I wish I had just ordered the book. Even more, I wish the card stock pages were at the end so I could have easily ordered the printing through Staples.

The curriculum looks great, though, and my son is loving it!!! Kudos to Ellen McHenry!

HTH.

I bought the hard copy and wish I had purchased the CD. We already had a giant periodic table poster so I didn't need that. Also my printer at the time didn't have the option for fast draft on copy and it used as much ink to copy the pages as it would have to do two copies on fast draft print.

So if your printer has a light ink option the hard copy might work best.

okay I SO want this book!!! but i must resist as we are working through a different science curriculum which is going just FINE.

So I mustn't start in on something new.

Even something that looks as cool as this.

Right???? :D:D

Well, it’s not that expensive and it doesn’t take that long to complete. ;) One could easily do it in addition to another study, or possibly over the summer. :lol:

I bought the hard copy because that was all that was available at the time. But next time, with Carbon Chemistry, I might purchase the CD.

I think that we will be using The Elements and Carbon Chemistry this coming year. I emailed Ellen and she said that the hard copies of both come with the CD. That way you have the book for reading out of and the CD for printing off student pages. Also, she said that you could do each of them in a semester or could speed it up if you wanted to.

HTH,

Amanda

I think that we will be using The Elements and Carbon Chemistry this coming year. I emailed Ellen and she said that the hard copies of both come with the CD. That way you have the book for reading out of and the CD for printing off student pages. Also, she said that you could do each of them in a semester or could speed it up if you wanted to.

HTH,

Amanda

Yes, this is what I have--and thanks, I haven't even looked at that CD!lol

It also comes with a CD of music--a jumprope rhyme, an elements song, etc.

We are LOVING it. So cleverly done and so understandable. At 9, my girl knows more about the atom than I did at 13.

Do you think if we begged Ellen, pretty please, with sugar on top, and a big red cherry, and sprinkles, that she would consider doing a set on physics also???:thumbup1:

There is a line of people begging already. :D I have a friend who corresponds with Ellen and she has been begging for something on the body's systems. Physics would be good though.

Yes, this is what I have--and thanks, I haven't even looked at that CD!lol

It also comes with a CD of music--a jumprope rhyme, an elements song, etc.

We are LOVING it. So cleverly done and so understandable. At 9, my girl knows more about the atom than I did at 13.

I hope I don't offend anyone when I say the singing on The Brain cd is, um, brutal. :leaving: