Menu

Bummed out about Wii Fit! RANT!

We finally decided to purchase Wii Fit Plus and were gung-ho about getting it this week due to our tax refund arriving. Well, we ended up going to FIVE stores today and could not find a single one!

:driving:

We went to:

1. Costco

2. Target

3. Game Stop

4. Fry's

5. Fred Meyer (Kruger's)

The word we got from one department mgr. was that a "certain online company" bought out all that were available from the manufacturer, causing a shortage to all the other stores. This made sense when I heard it, because I had found exactly what I wanted from Amazon.com, but the price was significantly higher than the price that was listed by all the other stores.

Bummer! The word is that stores will be out until some time in April. And I do not want to pay the higher price from that certain online company - especially since I'm mad at them right now.

Sometimes I just have to hate capitalism! :rolleyes:

Blessings,

Lucinda

that's a bummer...

DH was able to find a Wii Fit for me at a store I would not have thought of! This was Christmas time and everyone had run out too.

That said, the Fit is great fun, but if you're looking for an exercise package on the Wii, look elsewhere. It really depends on what you expect from your Fit. I wanted to get in shape, it does not do that.

I know there's a thread on the Sonlight forums. I haven't noticed one here.

Most people end up using the journaling part of Wii Fit to keep track of their training, but they train elsewhere.

On the Wii, there's "My Fitness Coach", "EA Active" (my choice), and there's two by Jillian Michael but they're pretty weak, only a few exercises.

That said, the Fit is great fun, but if you're looking for an exercise package on the Wii, look elsewhere. It really depends on what you expect from your Fit. I wanted to get in shape, it does not do that.

I agree. I was really disappointed in the level of activity on my Wii Fit and Fit Plus. I kept searching to find something more strenuous - and I am not a gym rat or really even very fit. But I want to get fit and I just couldn't find what I wanted on the Wii.

I'd love to hear from others if I'm missing a program that would be better.

Your Shape is available on the Wii and is decent, although not nearly as much of a workout as I get at kickboxing. But it is still a good workout and is nice for something to do at home on the days I don't go to class. You can choose how long your session is and what muscle group you focus on, and you can choose to include exercises with handweights or an exercise ball if you have them.

I have the Wii Fit Plus, Jillian Michael's Fitness Ultimatum 2010, and Gold's Gym Cardio Workout. I do not use the Wii Fit for my daily exercise. It's fun for adding some "extra movement" into my day, and my kids love it (it's great for working out the rainy day wiggles!) but if you're wanting to get in shape, I would look elsewhere.

I LOVE both the Gold's Gym and JM Fitness Ultimatum 2010 workouts. I haven't tried the EA Active one, and I've heard that the Jilliam Micheal's 2009 game was pretty abysmal, but I've been happy with the 2010 version. You DO need the balance board to do most of the workouts in the JM game, but you can easily get away with not having it for the Gold's Gym game. (there's maybe 1 or 2 things that require it, but they're "extras" in the game, and can easily be ignored)

We have been looking for one too and have been unable to find them. However, we were told that Nintendo regularly stops shipment of their products to keep interest up. Both GameStop and WalMart told us that they are not able to place orders with Nintendo right now for the Wii Fit Plus Bundle and were told that they would be alerted by the company when they could begin ordering again, but neither knew when that would be.

Ironically, they were in stock when I first wanted to buy one, but I was waiting for some Amazon gift cards to arrive first. By then, they were sold out. Amazon, Sears, GameStop, and WalMart were all out within days of each other, so I am assuming that the reports of Nintendo's planned withholding of the game is accurate.

How about Wii Walk It Out:)

We love it. It allows 2, maybe more, players to walk to the beat of great sounds around an island and create it and decorate it at the same time;)

Here is a link and sorry if it is the company you were referring to:(

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_11?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=walk+it+out&sprefix=walk+it+out

Best Buy may carry it as well.

Another plus is that it can be used with controller and nunchuk, balance board, or dance pad:)

We love, love, love it:D

Edited by priscilla

I had the same trouble as you -- everywhere online and IL were sold out. I asked at amazon, and apparatently Nintendo was having a production issue, and has temporarily stopped making them. This past weekend, Walmart apparently had 4 per store (!!!) for sale. I'm sure those were gone by - um - 10 min. after opening.

I also heard on amazon that they might be making a black balance board?

I ended up getting EA Active. It is very much a workout!! I"m doing the medium level, and as I sit here right now, I can still feel my quads BURNING from all the lunges, jumping lunges, squats and squat holds that I did today. I am really enjoying the 30 day challenge. You can even design and save your own workouts, and you can work out with others, apparently, as well.

I'm sure this a reflection of how out-of-shape I am, but I can get a decent workout on the Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus.

I highly recommend the Wii Walk It Out:D It is addictive and it is hard to stop walking to the beat since you are having so much fun. The game part where you get to build the town helps to distract and keep you going as well as the music:) I have a treadmill and always want to get off ASAP, whereas I have to force myself to stop walking with the Wii Walk It Out:)

I get a decent workout from the Wii Fit Plus. I feel like I must be tremendously out of shape now.

Every day I do 3 minutes of hula hooping, the advanced step class (I have the thing they sell to raise the balance board to 4"). I do the step class twice because I think it is too short, 10 minutes of rhythm boxing, and then 20 minutes of yoga and strength exercises. I have been doing this for 2 months now and my body is shaping up nicely.

Now I want to try the Walk it out.

What's the difference between Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus? So if you get the other games mentioned (EA Active, Wii Active, whatever else was mentioned) do you have to have the Wii Fit first (like, do you need the board that comes with it or whatever)? We are new to Wii and I am overwhelmed by all the "extras" you can purchase (the nunchucks, the wheel, the guns, etc, etc).

What's the difference between Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus? So if you get the other games mentioned (EA Active, Wii Active, whatever else was mentioned) do you have to have the Wii Fit first (like, do you need the board that comes with it or whatever)? We are new to Wii and I am overwhelmed by all the "extras" you can purchase (the nunchucks, the wheel, the guns, etc, etc).

You need the balance board for Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus. Wii Fit Plus has some extra stuff on it that the original does not have. However, there is nothing on the regular Wii Fit that is not on the Wii Fit Plus. Does that make sense?

http://wiifit.com/